By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Expected to Sell 100k in China, release in July

What is sony doing? Microsoft might have a lead due to chinese big market. PS4 needs to br released there as well.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
I get a feeling Sony and Nintendo will fail there due to the China X Japan tension :( fuck wars!

...cause the chinese just love americans.

I think XB1 will be really successful in China, every sale helps close the total gap. Being the first to launch in a new market is great for MSFT.

Doesn't say 100k at launch, just 100k period.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

I think it's good in general that the ban is lifted. Nobody seems to care about it here, I wonder why. I think posts would be different if it was another system which will be released there officially...

Around the Network

Only 0.05% of chinease midleclass population??

I think 100k could be day one if they market it correctly.

Could be big if they get a karaoke service and Chinese streaming services. Sell it cheap too M$. I think the US government needs to subsidise some of the cost too. The US can gain a lot more spying eyes with these Kinects watching communist China.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Hmm...
Xbox has as much of a chance to be successful in China as PS4.
Doesn't the Chinese hate both Americans and Japanese?

walsufnir said:
 I think posts would be different if it was another system which will be released there officially...

That is typically the way it works yepp.

@op - Either way itll be interesting to see how this developes over the generation.  China has potential of being a decent country but you never know about these things.  I have no prediction but i am interested in seeing how this plays out.

ParryWinkle said:
Hmm...
Xbox has as much of a chance to be successful in China as PS4.
Doesn't the Chinese hate both Americans and Japanese?

Yep, I would of thought so. Can see it being an Kinect-less SKU only.