By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I get an Xbox One or a PS4?

Xbone or Piss4?

Xbox 150 24.59%

Ps4 389 63.77%

Apple Pippin 17 2.79%

Atari Jaguar 35 5.74%

Ask /v/ 19 3.11%

Total:610

When I make a purchase, it's for the games released and games to be released. This console has to last me the next half decade at least.
Looking back on previous gens Sony fit my philosophy of gaming better.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network
pbroy said:

Seems like you already want an Xbone. But fuck it... Get a PS4, because of graphics! Do it....

I don't really care about graphics to be brutaly honest.

I regret making this my username, I made this name when I was 13 years old

Life could always get worse, you could be a mod for Neogaf

the-pi-guy said:

What about future titles that you like or are interested in?  

-The Last of Us remaster, Uncharted 4, The Order, etc.  

-Halo 2?, Halo 5, Gears, etc.  

Is a second console a possibility down the line?  

PS4: Xrd, Lily Burgamo, Rime, Gurellia's IP

lol. You can get Titanfall on Xbox 360.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
ktay95 said:
WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU

GET A WIIU!!!!!!!!!!

IT HAS MARIO KART AND SMASH, NOTHING TOPS MARIO KART AND SMASH =D

So many caps, just so, so, so many caps... Did you know that baby penguins die everytime someone uses that many caps?

IN THAT CASE, MORE CAPS

AS MANY CAPS AS I CAN POSSIBLY USE

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
the-pi-guy said:

PS4: Xrd, Lily Burgamo, Rime, Gurellia's IP

I dont really like anime, or JRPGS (except for Super Mario RPG if you count that as a JRPG), Rime looked cool, and I'm interested to see what Guerilla Games has next (I would like to see a non-fps from them if possible)

ktay95 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
ktay95 said:
WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU WIIU

GET A WIIU!!!!!!!!!!

IT HAS MARIO KART AND SMASH, NOTHING TOPS MARIO KART AND SMASH =D

So many caps, just so, so, so many caps... Did you know that baby penguins die everytime someone uses that many caps?

IN THAT CASE, MORE CAPS

AS MANY CAPS AS I CAN POSSIBLY USE

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

You have offically killed 6 baby penguins today good sir! (One per sentence) How many of them must die before you turn off the caps lock? T_T

I mean, just look at them! You killed 6 of them!!! That poor fella is hiding cause of your wrath!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

You might as well wait with XBox One until fall, or at least after E3. Even better deals are bound to happen.
Same with ps4, if you don't like any of the multiplats out so far. Infamous SS will only keep you busy for a week, maybe 2 if you play a couple hours a day.

I had lots of fun with AC4, NFS: Rivals, Infamous SS, Tombraider, Resogun, Outlast and Flower. KZ:SF has a very good looking campaign with cool new sound effects, should be cheap by now. Even Knack was worth it playing with the kids.

The most fun I had was with Dark souls 2 though. Get that for 360 and Titanfall too. There will be better bundles by fall.

the-pi-guy said:
zzyoshiman said:
the-pi-guy said:

I bought TLOU back in the summer, I thought it was alright, but definitely not a 10/10. I've never played Uncharted before, but it looks pretty fun, and I havent really heard or seen anything about The Order.

Halo 2 was my favourite Halo, but if 343 fucks up multiplayer I will get pissed. As for Halo 5 and Gears, im not too sure since both original developers stopped making the games.

What genre of games is your favorite?

Personally I don't think you would go wrong either way.  

Almost any genre besides Most JRPGS and train simulators pretty much

Right now, neither. Launch window games are alright but aren't anything special. My advice.. Stick to what you have and get some decent games for them, or use the money to upgrade your PC.

Buy one one the consoles later (or both), when there are more quality titles available on each respected platform.