By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Vita doesn't deserve bad reputation

Got a link to where Sony promised all these 3rd party western AAA titles?

"Console quality gaming on the go" was the marketing I remember and it delivered 100%.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

Yay I'm the ****ing best!!!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

lol if a console sells small numbers off course it will have a higher attach rate because those small numbers are the core players.

ATM I have a lot more 3DS retail games than VITA retail games but the average won't reflect that due to shear numbers of consoles sold between them.

Personally I hope Sony keep the handheld around longer so we get a few more games as I been enjoying my portable console games. Good pace changer from 3DS games.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Meh, it deserves what its getting not cause its a bad machine but the way Sony handled it with false promises (imo). When the vita launched, they promised AAA titles and what we got instead is niche games up the ass and AAA titles that are much better in other platforms

If the wiiU deserves to get hate for promising third party titles but not delivering them, the Vita deserves to get hate for promising AAA titles and not delivering them not to metion there are basically close to zero third party support from western developers

The Vita actually has good support from Milestone in europe. Moto GP 13, WRC 3 and 4, Motocross GP (theres football manager aswell from SEGA actually). I would dare say that is more than the 3DS is getting. Its just not coming from a huge american publishers. But then again they arent doing anything on the 3DS either, so how can we blame the Vita alone for that?

The Vita is for niche JRPGs, indie games, and remote play. If those things interest you then it's a great system. If not then you should avoid it.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

I think the Vita is great. I'd love to be able to get one once it comes down to a reasonable price.

I think it deserves to be where it is. Sony has barely supported it! They still supported the PS3 when it was failing, and looked where it turned out! They should have done that with the Vita. It doesn't really matter as long as they at least support one console (Which they are with the PS4)

tbone51 said:

Vita reputation is bad not cuz of its sales (which are doing well in japan now) but because to most its more of an indie machine and a ps4 accessory and has too many ports despite how many jrpgs the system has.

Sony not supporting it doesn't help out (yes i know there are a few games from sony 1st party studios but not really), but it def can build up the momentum from japan spike in sales with a couple good releases ( especially AAA ones). Europe its ok in but in US it needs alot of improvement.

I dont think sales are the bad reputation, cuz if it had those AAA titles and less ports it wouldn't have such a bad rep!

That said, vita tv is needed outside of japan, not the vita slim that will only come with one color and a port of a nearly two year old game

Fixed.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

It's a matter of consumer expectations.

If you were looking for console quality on the go I think those people have plenty of 100% valid complaints. BL2 I think is the best most recent example. Similar criticisms for it can be said about almost all of the PS3 to Vita ports and collections to a degree. Big western AAA games is what people associate with console quality gaming. If that is what they were looking for then Vita indeed deserves it's reputation because it doesn't get many at all and the ones it gets are paired down in comparison.

If you aren't looking for AAA western games Vita doesn't deserve it's reputation in any form shape or fashion. Probably why it does so well in Japan. It's got TONS of great smaller games. TONS of classics. TONS of JRPGs. TONS of indies.

Fusioncode said:
The Vita is for niche JRPGs, indie games, and remote play. If those things interest you then it's a great system. If not then you should avoid it.

That's not entirely true though.

Uncharted: GA, Killzone Mercenaries, Resistance Burning Skies, LBP vita, Tearaway, Assassin's Creed Liberation, and COD : declassified are all not JRPGs, indie game or ps4 games that work with remote play. I'm sure there are other games as well. You can argue that some of them are not good, but quality is subjective. Even COD vita had great multiplayer according to people who actually played it.Point is, even if you want big franchises (or in Tearaway's case games from well established developers), you can find them on psvita.

The psvita has a bit of everything for everyone. It doens't deserve its bad rep, but for a number of reasons it's pretty much dead everywhere apart from Japan. It's a shame, but it is what it is.