By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Wii U will put up a fight against the XBO

life time sales? no, nope. gap will at the very least be 10 million in favor of the XB1.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
life time sales? no, nope. gap will at the very least be 10 million in favor of the XB1.

I wasn't talking about lifetime sales...

unless you were talking to "Toxic Josh" in that case, please use the quote button or else people will think you're referring to the OP. (me in this case)

There is nothing to support the Wii U taking 2nd this generation. The console is in its second year and can't even muster half the sales on a weekly basis even though the X1 publicity has been horrible.

Nintendo will get the typical die-hard fans, but next to nobody who has a PS or XB will switch to Wii U. The online and social gaming features on the Wii U just don't measure up. It doesn't matter how cheap it is or how many AAA exclusives they get, the lack online and social gaming features killed the console before it shipped. Nintendo missed the boat and never got the memo...

Now that XB1 is seeing more positive publicity through some solid firmware updates, Titanfall, and Phil Spencer taking over the reigns MS will just have to seal the deal at E3 with some solid exclusive gaming announcements. At current pace, adjusted to seasonal volumes, XB1 will pass Wii U in mid-late November 2014.

It is nice to know that I am not the only one who is thinking in that way. I totally agree.

But if or if not: this fight will be more interesting than PS4 sales.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

NeoRatt said:
There is nothing to support the Wii U taking 2nd this generation. 

Did you not read my OP? I said that I expect the XBO to overtake the Wii U eventually just not nearly as quick as many seem to believe.

Around the Network

This sounds about right

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Vita > Xbone

Confirmed.

25,690 20,920 7,655 59,173
38,125 14,431 N/A 57,774

Very good prediction.