By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Trials Fusion runs at 1080p/60 on PS4, 900p/60 on Xbox One

It's always nice when someone is called out on some claim and they have jack shit to show for it. What games is this guy talking about? Maybe Ninja Gaiden? Was that even a MS exclusive deal? I have no idea. Mass Effect 2, I remember being a draw in the Head 2 Head.

Around the Network

wow this is bad, the game will certainly be totally unplayable on Xbox One. 900p... Can you imagine how bad it will look? Hopefully all of you guys (who replied and really see how this is important/a big deal) are going to play it on PS4 and get that gorgeous 1080p which will definitely make a HUGE gameplay/experience difference.

Lucky bastards!

J_Allard said:
It's always nice when someone is called out on some claim and they have jack shit to show for it. What games is this guy talking about? Maybe Ninja Gaiden? Was that even a MS exclusive deal? I have no idea. Mass Effect 2, I remember being a draw in the Head 2 Head.

Well atleast you are trying to remember, unlike the other dude who doesnt remember and is pissed off that I didnt write him the essay he asked for.

Most comments I make assume the reader has previous knowledge on the topic. If they dont or have forgotten, im not here to educate them, only to give my opinion.

Sure call people out if they are making an outrageous claim, but is it really that hard to accept PS3 had a "few" games which were better?

Its not about having jack shit to show for it, its about not feeding trolls.

User for moderated for this post - Conegamer

fps_d0minat0r said:
J_Allard said:

Well atleast you are trying to remember, unlike the other dude who doesnt remember and is pissed off that I didnt write him the essay he asked for.

Most comments I make assume the reader has previous knowledge on the topic. If they dont or have forgotten, im not here to educate them, only to give my opinion.

Sure call people out if they are making an outrageous claim, but is it really that hard to accept PS3 had a "few" games which were better?

Maybe he did try to remember. You just spoke so factually on the matter, maybe he assumed you knew what you were talking about and could name the games off. He could have easily been wrong on both accounts.

Either way, that's a lot of words you typed and still jack shit to show for it. So you made a baseless claim, it's ok. Just move on.

J_Allard said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
J_Allard said:

Maybe he did try to remember. You just spoke so factually on the matter, maybe he assumed you knew what you were talking about and could name the games off. He could have easily been wrong on both accounts.

Either way, that's a lot of words you typed and still jack shit to show for it. So you made a baseless claim, it's ok. Just move on.

The facts are on the internet.

And its more factual than those who claim there is not difference between 1080p and 900p but cant back it up when they get called out.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
J_Allard said:

And its more factual than those who claim there is not difference between 1080p and 900p but cant back it up when they get called out.

People are saying that the overall game experience is the same (including the whole console Xbox Live/PSN, controller, etc..).

I do not think anyone said 900p == 1080p... Do not talk about facts when you are making things up...

J_Allard said:
Clearly not a power issue, this is Trials after all. More of an optimization issue, they just ran out of time unless they wanna delay the Xbox version of the game. The big question is this new SDK that developers were going on about, has it rolled out yet? Did this game utilize it? If so, why the issues still?

Either way it's puzzling when a game like this can't hit 1080p yet games like Forza 5 or Wolfenstein can.

Why 'clearly'? Do you have a source for it being an optimisation issue?

The video is the article 'clearly' shows its a great looking game with many post processing effects and high res textures better than in games such as forza and wilfenstein.

Sorry, but calling people out on BS is something I very recently leart.

Imaginedvl said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
J_Allard said:

People are saying that the overall game experience is the same (including the whole console Xbox Live/PSN, controller, etc..).

I do not think anyone said 900p == 1080p... Do not talk about facts when you are making things up...

Again, I urge you to use the search funtion before making claims on me making things up.

Just because I wont bother doing it for you, it doesnt mean the facts are not there.

I think some developer don´t think 1080p is that important.

MS asked a lot to many of the most proeminent game developers while designing the XOne, if they really wanted 1080p out of the gate, Microsoft would have rethink some of their options, specially the numbers of ROPs on the GPU.

Over time, the Xbox's DDR3 is going to continue to get more and more expensive as the PC market shifts over to DDR4 and it's derivatives, the Playstation 4's memory however should get cheaper due to scales of economies, with a fast selling console and low-end PC cards starting to use GDDR5 more and more, production will be scaled up so all those devices will benefit.

Sorry, but you are utterlly wrong with that statement.

Don´t know from where you got that information but it dosen´t make any sense/logic.

Memory is a comodity and takes time to get from one tecnology to the other. Foundrys won´t stop producing DDR3 and shift entirely to DDR4 (or DDR6 to be more precise), and in fact, if there were less demand for DDR3 the price will continue to drop even if by 10 years from now the XOne is the only device to use it.

The reciprocal is the same to GDDR5, if a lot of video cards starts to use GDDR5 the price will go up for years until the foundrys are fully capable.