By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you like United States of America? Americans?

Do you like USA? Americans?

Yes 30 63.83%

No 6 12.77%

This is a fucking game si... 9 19.15%

Total:45
Ninricken said:

I like them and I don't like them. But this has nothing to do with their nationality. I don't want them to agree with me everytime but I hate it when there are people who want to force other to behave in some other way or shooting around with their guns like idiots but these people aren't only Americans. I am from Germany and there are even Germans I like and I don't like.

i would love to visit germany! i hope i wont experience some racism as an asian in germany

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
SvennoJ said:
Americans are very nice people

That's probably just because you were a foreigner. Otherwise we're just as bad if not worse than everyone else.

lol

d21lewis said:
aikohualda said:
d21lewis said:
Most Americans are good people. Dumb as fuck, though (Myself included). Aside from that, we're okay. I love America, especially the women who have touched my penis in some way, shape, or form.

really just the women? how about the men... who touched your penis the same way women did to your penis?

Jeanne Claude Van Damme (isn't even American) and Steven Seagal?  Nah. Not a fan of their acting.

jeanne claude played guile.... with american flag on his shoulder. so he is now american! :P

sc94597 said:
SvennoJ said:
Turkish said:
Are Ameiricains not mad for not having social security?

Judging by the ones with enough money to have internet, they're mad for having any form of social security.

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2011/09/understanding-poverty-in-the-united-states-surprising-facts-about-americas-poor

severity.

The following are facts about persons defined as “poor” by the Census Bureau as taken from various government reports:

• 80 percent of poor households have air conditioning. In 1970, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
  • 92 percent of poor households have a microwave.
  • Nearly three-fourths have a car or truck, and 31 percent have two or more cars or trucks.
  • Nearly two-thirds have cable or satellite TV.
  • Two-thirds have at least one DVD player, and 70 percent have a VCR.
  • Half have a personal computer, and one in seven have two or more computers.
  • More than half of poor families with children have a video game system, such as an Xbox or PlayStation.
  • 43 percent have Internet access.
  • One-third have a wide-screen plasma or LCD TV.
  • One-fourth have a digital video recorder system, such as a TiVo.

didn't even mention nintendo :P

aikohualda said:
Ninricken said:

I like them and I don't like them. But this has nothing to do with their nationality. I don't want them to agree with me everytime but I hate it when there are people who want to force other to behave in some other way or shooting around with their guns like idiots but these people aren't only Americans. I am from Germany and there are even Germans I like and I don't like.

i would love to visit germany! i hope i wont experience some racism as an asian in germany

I think it isn't worse here than in other countries today. There are still some idiots. But idiots are everywhere. The Germans are proud of their culture but there aren't racists. I think Germany is a very nice country and even I myself had not enough time to visit all the great places here like the big cities Munich and Berlin or historical places etc etc.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
sc94597 said:

When you say social security do you mean welfare, or do you mean the mandatory pension system we all must go through in the U.S? 47 million Americans recieve food stamps, and probably similar numbers receive or are eligible for medicaid. Fewer recieve direct cash welfare, but with food, healthcare, and (for some) shelter covered, it's not an issue. Nevertheless, the "poor" afford these things because 1. in the world perspective, including the first world countries they aren't poor when you consider the local purchasing power of the USD and the lesser costs of living in the U.S due to a plethora of resources, land, etc which Europe and Japan do not have, 2. With credits their income tax is almost entirely refunded, allowing them to splurge on non-essential electronics, cars, etc. (This is what my mother who is in the bottom 5 percentile does, she pays some of her debts then buys a new computer or a television, etc.) 

The complaints about the U.S system isn't that the poor don't get benefits, but that the government doesn't pay for the middle class as well. Social Democrats in the U.S want universal health-care, state paid education, etc: all things which the poor recieve already (some might say in excess) for the middle-class. The issue other philosophies present are the costs involved, not just the monetary costs, but the costs to economic and social freedoms, examples being mitigated income mobility, innovation, risks, and progress, more monopolies, and fewer choices. 

I was talking about welfare yes. I have no clue how the pension system works in the US. 

The reason why I mentioned it is because social security is the name for our government-mandated pension, and disability insurance system.