By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One And The PlayStation 4: Weirdest. Console. Transition. Ever.

Realisation said:
Disagree. Compare the launch of the Xbox One with the Xbox 360. Which had the better games? More games? Replay value? Xbox One. Then, you have Kinect 2.0. Also, Titanfall.

Sorry. Nothing weird going on. Give me a Xbox One (PlayStation gamer here) and I'll SHOW YOU how to game on it.

I don't mean... play one playthrough of SP for any given game... then a few MP matches... and be done with it.

I mean get all achievements... all dlc... all indie games. EAT THE CONSOLE UP!

That's how one should game. Otherwise, you're a casual gamer and have no right to complain.

I will say the Xbox 360 actually had a better launch window than the One. I liked Call of Duty 2 better than any of the One launch titles (which were pretty bad outside of Need for Speed and Assassin's Creed.) and Oblivion came out at the same time as Titanfall in their overall timelines, Oblivion was easily the better title there. Plus Geometry Wars.

Around the Network

Oh and surprise surprise something is wrong with the industry as soon as Sony confirms an enhanced edition.
What's weird is that OP didn't see this coming when Last of Us released. I called it day 1. You don't release a game like that at the end of the gen and just leave it at that.
I assume the same is going to happen with gt6. Either it's going to be ported, or the enhanced edition is going to be called gt7.

I can't wait for the start of next gen so we can do this all over again. Honestly does no one remember last gens launch. The PS3 was absolutely terrible with FOM and Motorstorm. The X360 first good game was GeOW which was a year after launch. PS3 waited longer for one. 2008 probably for most people with MGS4. All we heard up until them was that the PS3 had no games.

So far while this gen isn't as good as the games at the end of last gen it's still getting off to a better start but people are expecting too much.

Seihaku said:
Realisation said:
Disagree. Compare the launch of the Xbox One with the Xbox 360. Which had the better games? More games? Replay value? Xbox One. Then, you have Kinect 2.0. Also, Titanfall.

Sorry. Nothing weird going on. Give me a Xbox One (PlayStation gamer here) and I'll SHOW YOU how to game on it.

I don't mean... play one playthrough of SP for any given game... then a few MP matches... and be done with it.

That's how one should game. Otherwise, you're a casual gamer and have no right to complain.

I will say the Xbox 360 actually had a better launch window than the One. I liked Call of Duty 2 better than any of the One launch titles (which were pretty bad outside of Need for Speed and Assassin's Creed.) and Oblivion came out at the same time as Titanfall in their overall timelines, Oblivion was easily the better title there. Plus Geometry Wars.

Well, according to Microsoft, Xbox One had the best launch line up EVER! Who should I believe? :P

Anyways, there's plenty to keep gamers occupied on next gen consoles. The article is silly. 

Yeah I agree that it’s a pretty batshit crazy transition. But like you summed up in your article it's down to publishers seeing the much larger install base of the 360/ps3 and since most of their games are built with pc as the lead platform with scalability in mind, it allows them to make both current/next gen versions with little difficulty allowing them to maximise financial gains.

Around the Network

The problem is the lack of new ideas...even "new" IPs like titanfall just take the last generation's mentality and wrap it in a new coat of paint (or a mech). This gen will be like the last, except remove all the feeling of freshness from franchises like Assassins Creed, Call of Duty and Uncharted.

Third parties have said that early in a generation is the time for new ideas but they have yet to live up to that promise. Indies are now the only ones who dare to try new ideas .-.

No. The lack of bc is unique causing HD ports to exist so early, but other than that I'd say it's better than previous gens.

Also the writer talks about boarderlands being only on last gen, yet ignores the announced batman and ac games that are next gen only. That's not cool man.

This specific part: "In my house today: two next-generation consoles that haven't been turned on once in the last month. An Xbox 360 that I continue to play: Dark Souls II, South Park: The Stick of Truth"....is nothing new.I could say the same for example, the PS2 back in the beginning of 2001.It only had Onimusha as its major game for several months until the heavy hitters started arriving near the end of the year.

From January 2001 to October 2001, I was playing the PS1 and the Dreamcast far more, same with PS3 back in 2007.

Realisation said:

Wait, so unless you're an achievement hunter, you're a casual gamer? Can't say I agree with that sentiment. 

Completely disagree.

Since i got my PS4 i have not only played with it every day but also have not put my PS3 on since.

I already have a gaming library of over 10 titles. And i have enjoyed most of them. This has been one of the best starts to a generation imo.

PS4 might not have a million AAA exclusives but it has lots of games and they are really fun to play.

Got platinum on resogun (my first ever!) and I'm well on my way to doing that for Infamous.

Enjoyed warthunder, dont starve, warframe, AC4 and that scary game!

If i had an Xbox One as well I would be in gaming bliss.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|