By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Pinball Arcade dev says the PS3 'stomps' the Wii U in terms of power, calls it Wii 1.5

MohammadBadir said:
LiquorandGunFun said:
Its funny and sad to see some get so worked up over someone's opinion.

People can say what they want, so get over it. Who cares!? Does it stop the person from having fun on the wiiu bc this guy doesnt think as highly of it as they do? Get over yourself.

which console is more powerful is not an opinion, but a fact. the WiiU is more powerful than the PS3 and that's not an opinion.

Kay. You missed the point. But thats ok.

Around the Network

Wow, three game cubes duct taped together, huh?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Cue the usual anti wii u brigade about to make their entrance. Honestly stuff like this doesnt bother me, it is possible to make superb games on weaker hardware, super Mario galaxy says hi.

THis is kind of old news, the guy has already apologize, stating that he was wrong about the Wii u's graphical power, and restates that the Wii U is much more powerful than the Ps3.

https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade?filter=2

Well either the Wii U is more powerful than the PS3 or Nintendo has the most amazing graphics engineers in the world.

Around the Network

Lol... next!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

LiquorandGunFun said:

People can say what they want, so get over it. Who cares!? Does it stop the person from having fun on the wiiu bc this guy doesnt think as highly of it as they do? Get over yourself.

There's "not thinking highly of it" and then "lying through your teeth."

Although part of me suspects this guy's just taking the piss.

Should we lock this thread again? We locked it when Sh1nn made it.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

graphics dont matter remember?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Mr Khan said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

There's "not thinking highly of it" and then "lying through your teeth."

Although part of me suspects this guy's just taking the piss.

Should we lock this thread again? We locked it when Sh1nn made it.

Yes. The guy retracted his statement and apologized for spreading wrong info, and cleared thing out by saying that he incorrectly thought the graphics engineer told him that the PS3 is far more powerful than the WiiU instead of the PS4.

"Those comments were made based on a conversation I had with the developer who's been working on the WII-U version, he was unable to get the console to perform anywhere near what the xbox one and ps4 were capable of. I was misinformed in that I said the ps3 was far more powerful... after speaking to him again, I was told that while the system still does not compare to XB1 or PS4, I was incorrect in regards to the ps3 comparison, and for that I apologize."

"Truthfully, in my opinion (speaking as Stephen Snow here, to avoid further confusion with my statements vs. the company's) a "next gen" system should be able to handle additional graphics compared to the previous generation, and while the WII-U is more powerful than the WII, it's not able to run dynamic lighting, more than 2-4x anisotropic filering, or other enhancements that are capable of bringing our game up to the standards we set with our release of the PS4 version. The WII-U, as I've stated before, is not meant to compete graphically with the XB1 or PS4, it's meant to be an affordable console, with an intuitive and fun interface that anyone can pick up and use immediately... something it does very well. Many people asking about the WII-U version are curious as to why I've said before that when it is released, it will not look any better than the PS3 version, and that is due to the fact that it's not up to spec with competing systems in the newest generation of consoles. Technically speaking, I suppose the only thing a system needs to do to be considered "next gen" is be released in the current cycle of consoles, which would make even the ouya and the new fireTV etc "next gen", if we're talking pure performance though, it's a different story. And no, I would not call IOS games "next gen"."

I think this thread needs lock down before it goes to hell.