By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Chicago Concealed Carry: Murder Rate Drops to Lowest in 56 Years

NobleTeam360 said:
kitler53 said:
as a resident of downtown chicago all i can say is,.. nope. our murder rate has been dropping since about 1992.

Link?

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
kitler53 said:
as a resident of downtown chicago all i can say is,.. nope. our murder rate has been dropping since about 1992.

Link?

Thanks. 

Sounds like everyone's favourite lobby is going to be very happy.

NiKKoM said:
Didn't chicago had one of its coldest winter?

if i remember the new right, 3rd coldedst in recorded history.   ..and last year was one of the warmest, earliest springs.

gergroy said:

wow, the people in this thread sure love their graphs!

Around the Network

Wait..I didn't know this many people were from Chicago on this site! Im from the South Side. In South Suburbs now.

sc94597 said:
withdreday said:

Only because it's not hot outside in chicago yet. Conceled carry doesn't effect street gangs, so sadly it will rise back up.

The only way to stop it is to take all guns away, but it's 'merica, so that will never happen.

Actually the only way to reduce crime is to decriminalize all illegal drugs so that cartels don't have a monopoly on their sales, and so that the price of drugs decreases, allowing for more competition in the market. Drug prohibition is responsible for the majority of the violent crime in the United States. We need to target the incentives for violence rather than the means to enact it (there will always be some way to kill.) 

Sounds good, but they're selling drugs because of poverty, so I think if they made drugs legal, at this rate, they'd just move on to something else. The better way is to attack the poverty and move on form there. That would make much better head way in lowering the violence rate for good rather than just for the short term.

But sadly, just as I predicted, the crime rate shot right back up right when it got better outside.

You can't solve a gun problem with more guns

withdreday said:
sc94597 said:
withdreday said:

Only because it's not hot outside in chicago yet. Conceled carry doesn't effect street gangs, so sadly it will rise back up.

The only way to stop it is to take all guns away, but it's 'merica, so that will never happen.

Actually the only way to reduce crime is to decriminalize all illegal drugs so that cartels don't have a monopoly on their sales, and so that the price of drugs decreases, allowing for more competition in the market. Drug prohibition is responsible for the majority of the violent crime in the United States. We need to target the incentives for violence rather than the means to enact it (there will always be some way to kill.) 

Sounds good, but they're selling drugs because of poverty, so I think if they made drugs legal, at this rate, they'd just move on to something else. The better way is to attack the poverty and move on form there. That would make much better head way in lowering the violence rate for good rather than just for the short term.

But sadly, just as I predicted, the crime rate shot right back up right when it got better outside.

What else would they move on to? What has a black market like the drug trade? Drugs mantain poverty. It is a cycle. The only people who become rich off drugs are those at the top. Drug prohibition is indisputably the biggest cause of violent crime. The majority of theft is so that the thieves can purchase drugs. With cheaper and legal/decriminalized drugs, there would be no need for this. Same goes for prostitution, gambling ,and other "immoral" activities. 

There isn't a gun problem to solve. There is a people problem. 

withdreday said:

And crippling poverty is hugly related to one-parent households! How many young fathers are now in prison thanks to the drug war?

kitler53 said:

Nothing to do with IE... all about broadband speed. Now that we men can download teh HD pr0nz at lightning speed, there's no testosterone left for a turf war.