By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Adameh gets a copy of Xenoblade

the_dengle said:
ToxicJosh said:
Personally I didn't rate it.

But my girlfriend bums it hard so the £ weren't wasted.

"I didn't rate it" and "bums it hard" are new ones to me. Are these common expressions in the UK?

English English greatly entertains me. 

I'm English and I've never heard the first one and only heard the second one once ever

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam

Around the Network

Took me 75 hours to beat the game... Didn't do any sidequests

Sayan12 said:
Took me 75 hours to beat the game... Didn't do any sidequests

It took me 70 hours to beat it with only doing colony 6 sidequest up to level 1. 

164 hours on my first playthrough 100%ing it. Game is epic as hell.

Oh, and if any wise guy gets brave and suggests it, this may or may not be shulk in my sig.

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
Adameh said:
Cheddarchet said:
Awesome purchase! How far along are now (I know you said an hour before, but... well, it's been another hour :P)??
Seriously though, great game, hope you love it as much as many others here have.

Well right now I'm 4.5 hours in, and I've got up to the part after

You are on your way to colony 6 to avenge Fiora (but I stopped to do some exploring and sidequests)

One thing you should never do is look up stuff on the game. There are so many things that can be spoiled in the game. 

You thought I was going to put a spoiler in here, didn't you?

You had me going...

And nice! I remember motoring through the early parts of the game like my life depended on it. Shame I started it during finals week...

Hmm

It's quite a drag as you journey up the bionis especially if you do every optional thing along the way.

But it gets EPIC and picks up HARD towards the end.

One of the final scenes after the last boss fight is just amazing. Those who know, it's the scene that starts with "HOW?!!??" :D

It's one of those scenes that makes the hair on your neck stand up, makes you smile while your eyes water, makes you feel both happy and sad that it's over, and captivates the very soul of the JRPG as it has always been since Final Fantasy IV.  The dialogue, the clashing symbols and inspirational strings, the camera pans and cuts, OMFG I feel tingly thinking about it.

I have to go watch on Youtube again right now for like the 1000th time.

exdeath said:

It's quite a drag as you journey up the bionis especially if you do every optional thing along the way.

But it gets EPIC and picks up HARD towards the end.

One of the final scenes after the last boss fight is just amazing. Those who know, it's the scene that starts with "HOW?!!??" :D

It's one of those scenes that makes the hair on your neck stand up, makes you smile while your eyes water, makes you feel both happy and sad that it's over, and captivates the very soul of the JRPG as it has always been since Final Fantasy IV.  The dialogue, the clashing symbols and inspirational strings, the camera pans and cuts, OMFG I feel tingly thinking about it.

I have to go watch on Youtube again right now for like the 1000th time.

If you are wondering how for what I think you are, in the ether container at colony 9 there was a sealed room that held a machine. It didn't show in the game, but that is how they got "it" back.

Cheddarchet said:
Clyde32 said:
Adameh said:
Cheddarchet said:
Awesome purchase! How far along are now (I know you said an hour before, but... well, it's been another hour :P)??
Seriously though, great game, hope you love it as much as many others here have.

Well right now I'm 4.5 hours in, and I've got up to the part after

You are on your way to colony 6 to avenge Fiora (but I stopped to do some exploring and sidequests)

One thing you should never do is look up stuff on the game. There are so many things that can be spoiled in the game. 

You thought I was going to put a spoiler in here, didn't you?

You had me going...

And nice! I remember motoring through the early parts of the game like my life depended on it. Shame I started it during finals week...

Yeah, I thought it would be a good joke.