By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 80 gig ps3 off the sony the website

a.l.e.x00 said:
Hey, look! The 80 GB model isn't missing!

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Hardware

The 8gb model is not in the store though.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10551&langId=-1&categoryId=6148914691233368166 

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

>canadas largest electronics store futureshop only has 13 80gbs left (nationwide for online sale) and its out of stock at both of my neighborhood stores

First of all, When did Future-shop become the biggest electronics retailer in Canada? That honour goes to Bestbuy, the company that OWNS futureshop.

And no, we got new shipment of PS3 just tonight. (bestbuy)

but then again, we also got shipment of HD-DVD A30. *sighs*

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Went to GameStop to think about buying PS3 today - I knew I won't buy the 40G, the manager told me that they will no longer get 80G. They stopped getting shipments little while ago.
Then he told me that a new PS3 100G will be coming out for $599 or $649.

Then he told me that 360 wont have Elites anymore either. A new SKU is coming out soon and it will cost $649.

Personally I think he is high on something.

The 360 Elite thing is not true in the slightest. The other thing is that no other models have been announced for the PS3. He is just speculating on that.

@ zen

You kidding, thats the nicest way I could think to respond to your post.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
dabaus513 said:

http://kotaku.com/358960/80gb-ps3-missing-from-sonys-online-store

Sony's keynote is tommarow right? Perhaps they will announce they are dumping the 80 gig in place for the "ps3 ultimate" that has alot of gigs and full backwards compat with Dualshock3 to boot? Of course this is just my prediction, what is yours?

I think you should consider changing your sig, or quoting it in the proper context. Do so, and I would also be willing to change mine, fanboy Wii-hater.

When you reread it several times, yes you can see the original context, which I will give you the benefit of the doubt for, but I believe that you have left it as it is, because at first glance, it infers that the Wii's software lineup including 1st party support, and/or the Wii console itself, is a "pile of trash" which is simply NOT, and infact, CONTRARY TOO the initial meaning of the blog. My problem isn't with the quote, actually, it's with the statement " on the wii." that you added at the end. It's not "on the Wii" it's "on the Wii's shovelware." It's obviously referring to the systems library of shovelware, if you read the blog. What it is NOT referring too is the hardware of the Wii, nor the Wii first party games, which are heavily praised in the article along with Zack and Wiki, and other good 3rd party games.

Not only is Nintendo's 3rd party software, and overall software lineup insulted by this likely misinterrupertation, but I'm sure the author of the blog wouldn't want you going around telling everyone on VGchartz that you quoted him as saying the Wii is a heap of trash.

With all the politics in the news lately we are all a little more up on quoting people and things out of context. This is obviously a prime example. I will not argue that somehow it's not, it obviously is, and it's misleading. That is not the point of the discussion, or this post. I will gladly drop it completely, however, if you will simply cite the source instead of "about the Wii" to "about the Wii's 3rd party support" or "About the Wii's shovelware" or however you want to word it.

dabaus513 said:
If i were the head of sony's entertainment DP this is what id do assuming it was possible.

-40 gig ps3- 50 dollar pricedrop reason being to increase adoption rates of bluray and to get more consoles in the consumers hands.

-80 gig- Drop it like its hot and announce a new and improved model in the near future.

-Give the release date for Home, drop hints that the pstore will get a make over and for shits and giggles say that if you go update your ps3 you will have in game XMB. (since most updates for ps3 happen on thursdays right?)

-Maybe show off a trailer for the new team ico game, trailer for war devil, trailer for resistance 2, announce new ip?

Although my expectations are extremely lofty, if they did something to that extent i think itd be a big deal and theyd get alot of positive press.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OqiYV8VdVVk      LOL you reminded me :p.........How do you embed videos???

a 120/160 gb model has been rumored for a while, so I don't see this as anything other than a new rumor.

Sony prob. won't make a 120 gb.
It would be too expensive and drive consumers away.

SONY GIVE US A FRIKIN RELEASE DATE FOR HOME AND XMB OR ELSE I WILL THROW MY PS3 AWAY AND BUY A360