By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Numbers : 2/11 - 2/17

What happened to that Wii soccer/football game?

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
wenlan beat you to it

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=18255&start=0#end

With hardware, that's about it. This thread was put up yesterday.

Thanks for putting everything together.  The information you show here is far more complete.

I was wondering where you were when I made that thread.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

wenlan said:

Thanks for putting everything together. The information you show here is far more complete.

I was wondering where you were when I made that thread.

No problemo. We could migrate the info to your thread since more have responded and have a mod close this. Doesn't matter. This got buried in the GDC threads yesterday.

Aj_habfan said:
What happened to that Wii soccer/football game?

Just got released on 2/21. 

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Around the Network

17K for PS3 is quite low and the next great game will be Yakuza 3 between 3 weeks...

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

celine said:
17K for PS3 is quite low and the next great game will be Yakuza 3 between 3 weeks...

Not so fast there, buddy.

Crazzyman says Lost Planet and Eternal Sonata also will give it boosts, cause they are Japanese centric.

I know, I know ... it's the never-ending battle between Good and Evil, Right and Wrong, Logic and Crazzyman. 

Dolla Dolla said:
celine said:

Not so fast there, buddy.

Crazzyman says Lost Planet and Eternal Sonata also will give it boosts, cause they are Japanese centric.

I know, I know ... it's the never-ending battle between Good and Evil, Right and Wrong, Logic and Crazzyman. 

Well, Lost Planet did 10.000 day one, so as usual CrazzyMan was wrong here. (But Crazzy: No worries, in your own universe it will all make sense once FFGT5MGS4WKSETCETC comes out)

Dont get what has happened the last 2 weeks with PS3 sales .It was 42K two weeks ago ,and definitely seemed stabilized in the 35K weekly units .

I heard they are now in tax paying weeks ,maybe this can explain something .

Sales for the other consoles are also low compared to usual numbers ...DS,PSP...only Wii keeps strong (but descending too ) thanks to Wii Fit and SSBB .

Is this a normal slump for these dates ,its the taxes paying period having influence or its just that DS and PS3 are going down ,PSP slowly too ,360 too ...difficult to say .

Diomedes:

If you look at the graph of last year the february sales kind of predict where the weekly sales stabilize. So PS3 had increase from a few good games, price cut, white version and of course holiday and is now stabalizing around 20.000 just like last year.

Wii sales will probably drop as well, but had a huge Brawl boost (and WiiFit seems to be an incredible system seller).