By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Who is the one real Icon and Face of Pro Wrestling through history?

Who is the one real Icon and Face of Pro Wrestling through history?

Hulk Hogan 216 57.75%

Ric Flair 6 1.60%

The Undertaker 32 8.56%

Sting 4 1.07%

Stone Cold Steve Austin 31 8.29%

The Rock 46 12.30%

Shawn Michaels 7 1.87%

Bret Hart 14 3.74%

John Cena 7 1.87%

Andre the Giant 9 2.41%

Total:372
Carl2291 said:

Not one single Ric Flair gif in this thread? Shame on y'all.

Edit - And who voted John Cena? Admit it...

Hehe, that was me, mainly because its the only name in that list I recognize.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:

Agreed with this. Poor booking (video below) and a stagnant top tier of talant was WCW's demise....  Russo.... 

And signing guys to multi-year contracts for significant money and never even using them (see: Lanny Poffo). WCW was a case study in profligacy on every single level.

badgenome said:
ironmanDX said:

Agreed with this. Poor booking (video below) and a stagnant top tier of talant was WCW's demise....  Russo.... 

And signing guys to multi-year contracts for significant money and never even using them (see: Lanny Poffo). WCW was a case study in profligacy on every single level.

In Lanny Poffo's case, the significant money was probably only because he was Randy Savage's brother, lol.

Shaunaka said:
Not trying to be nasty here...

How can anyone in their right mind watch wrestling and take it seriously?

Actually, how can anyone watch it at all if they're over 12 years old?

I haven't been a wrasslin' fan since the Attitude era, but I never understand this mentality.

Why should people not take it seriously? It's just entertainment. Is the fighting real? No. But are John and Finch really helping people out in Person of Interest? Is Modern Family about a real family? No these are television shows with scripts. So I assume that you are over 12 years old and thus you never watch movies, read books, or catch any television?

Also the only viable answer to this poll is Hogan. And those last 4 options.. yuck. Where is Macho Man or The Warrior?

MohammadBadir said:
Carl2291 said:

Not one single Ric Flair gif in this thread? Shame on y'all.

Edit - And who voted John Cena? Admit it...

Hehe, that was me, mainly because its the only name in that list I recognize.

The only thing that could save a poll with John Cena on it is if no one votes for him.

Around the Network

It has to be Hulk because that was when wrestling was at its peak. The Main Event (tv show) was watched by 33 million people in which Andre beat Hogan.

It's funny how much some of these guys' characters changed from one federation to another, often times making or breaking success.

Steve Austin went from "Stunning"...

... to "Stone Cold"...

Mean Mark Callous...

... became this guy...

Then there are some whose image pretty much sucked either way...

archbrix said:

In Lanny Poffo's case, the significant money was probably only because he was Randy Savage's brother, lol.

I'm sure that had a lot to do with it since they did a similar thing with Hulk's nephew Horace Boulder, although at least they did eventually end up bringing him in.

archbrix said:

Hogan and The Rock by a mile