By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Points that reveal Hiroyuki Ito (FFVI, FFIX, FFXII Director) is secretly working on FFXVI

shikamaru317 said:
Galvanizer said:
shikamaru317 said:
I'd prefer Yoshinori Kitase, but Hiroyuki Ito is acceptable. Just keep Toriyama away from the series.

Kitase? No thanks. That man is one of the main reasons FFXIII was so terrible. I'd rather both him and Toriyama didn't work on any new mainline FF games. I'd rather they instead focused on FFX-3 and a FFVII Remake.

Kitase directed VI, VII and X, the 3 best Final Fantasy games. He was only a producer on XIII, Toriyama is to blame for it being a mess, not Kitase. Though I do agree on a VII remake, I want that even more than I want Kitase directing XVI. 

Kitase has never directed FFX. That game was directed by Toriyama. Also, you forgot to mention that Kitase diected FFVIII, which I feel has the most nonsensical and garbage story in 3D FF. Kitase also had creative influence in FFXIII. It was his idea to make it linear like FFX and for there to be no towns with buildings to enter. Basically, Kitase is all washed up. Even if he was still good a directing, it would never happen as he's now a producer ad chosen Toriyama to be his successor.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Galvanizer said:

Have you seen Battlefield 4 running on PS4? The graphics murder what we've seen of FFXV. It's not even close. I'd say the graphics of Battlefield 4 are closer to Agni's Philosophy than they are to FFXV. The reason I'm more interested in FFXVI than FFXV is because it will built from the ground-up for PS4/One and therefore have visuals on par with Agni's Philosophy.

I've played BF4 on next-gen, it's not that good looking. It's a cross-gen game, so it's graphics are held back by last gen development just like AC4 and FFXV. Of the 3 I personally think XV looks the best. None of the 3 can hold a candle to true next-gen games like Tom Clancy's The Division, Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, and AC Unity, but that's to be expected since they're all cross-gen games. 

Out those you listed, The Division looks the best visually, IMO. I still can't believe this screenshot is in-game:

I really want FFXVI to have visuals on this level. Hopefully, the game will have an Open World, too.

Don't trust Wikipedia, bro. If you view the actual credits of FFX, you'll see that Kitase was the producer, not the director. The game was directed by Toriyama, who also directed FFX-2.

Galvanizer said:
Don't trust Wikipedia, bro. If you view the actual credits of FFX, you'll see that Kitase was the producer, not the director. The game was directed by Toriyama, who also directed FFX-2.

Kitase was the director, Toriyama was the event director and scenario planner...

I don't want to sound rude, but all those "informations" that you gather from "face to face" with key members of S-E seem reeaally fake. Don't get me wrong, I WOULD LOVE you to be right. Ito directing mainline FF would be just,... wow. Just imagine PS4 graphics plus artstyle from FF IX. And maybe we would get deeper gameplay?

But still, some of these "facts" look fishy. Like a wet dream of a fanboy. Fanfic.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
outlawauron said:
RenCutypoison said:
They are going trilogy on FFXV, pretty sure that no other main serie FF game is being developped right now.

I'm pretty sure that isn't the case.

Possible sequels[edit]

Sequels to Final Fantasy XV were hinted at with the line "A World of the Versus Epic" in the E3 2013 trailer. Nomura explained that the game had a self-contained climax and that it was the first part of an intended continued epic. He said that Square Enix was considering using online elements and developing shorter stand-alone titles to keep players interested and to avoid long waiting times for them.[48] This was interpreted as a move of the company towards a digitally distributed episodic format for possible sequels.[49] Nomura later clarified at the Japan Expo 2013 that no plans for sequels had been finalized.[50]

It could happen. 

SE also added that justifying a AAA JRPG's budget could only be done with the trilogy model they used for FFXIII.

shikamaru317 said:
Galvanizer said:

They have multiple sources so I'm willing to believe Wikipedia:

Producer Yoshinori Kitase was also the chief director of Final Fantasy X, while the direction of events, maps and battles was split up between Motomu Toriyama, Takayoshi Nakazato and Toshiro Tsuchida, respectively.[62][63][64][65]

I stand corrected. Thanks for the info. I wonder why Kitase never credited himself as director in the actual game, though. Maybe by that point, he was already beginning to step back and let Toriyama be more hands-on.

Bloodasek said:
I don't want to sound rude, but all those "informations" that you gather from "face to face" with key members of S-E seem reeaally fake. Don't get me wrong, I WOULD LOVE you to be right. Ito directing mainline FF would be just,... wow. Just imagine PS4 graphics plus artstyle from FF IX. And maybe we would get deeper gameplay?

But still, some of these "facts" look fishy. Like a wet dream of a fanboy. Fanfic.

Yeah, I'm aware some of the face-to-face points sound way too good to be true. However, they are legit and did happen. Regardless, if you choose to not believe those points, there's still plenty of other points taken from gaming articles and interviews over the years; they alone give enough weight to the belief that Ito is secretly directing FFXVI.

Galvanizer said:

Agni's Philosophy graphics were real-time. I expect visuals like that from the FF for PS4. FFXV doesn't come close to having visuals on that level. The graphics look on par with the PS4 version of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. The PS4 version of Battlefield 4 has way better graphics than FFXV.

The FF series is no where big enough for visuals like Agni's Philosophy, if they made a 20+ hr JRPG with this graphics SE would go out of business.  I'm not a developer or anything, but I doubt that graphics like that are gonna be possible in game, unless it has a combat system like FF13 or something that is less damanding than FFXV's combat.  I'm saying its just not gonna happen cause it would cost way too much, no FF has even passed 10m sales.  As far as AC4 and Bf4 go...I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

vivster said:
etking said:
This would be great since FFXV is a stupid button mashing action game and by no means a real Final Fantasy.

Every single (non MMO)FF in the series so far was a button masher. Pretty sure a lot of A and X buttons got worn out thanks to FF games.

Except of course FFXII which played itself even without buttons.

FF XII didn't play itself... That's a trolling comment about the game. You're in control of everything in that game. The player is the one who assigns the gambits. And you can pause the action at anytime to input any commands you want, taking priority over gambits.

Try harder.