By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is anyone here buying a Wii U for Mario Kart 8?

Is anyone here buying a Wii U for Mario Kart 8?

I own a Wii U - I am buying for sure 230 60.53%

I own a Wii U - I might buy it 15 3.95%

I own a Wii U - I will NOT buy this game 3 0.79%

I don't own a Wii U - I ... 31 8.16%

I don't own a Wii U - I... 15 3.95%

I don't own a Wii U - No... 48 12.63%

I don't own a Wii U - I ... 6 1.58%

I don't own a Wii U - so... 30 7.89%

Total:378
MarcellusMighty said:
I still don't understand those who say, "Looks awesome, not enough to make me buy a Wii U". So what is? It still has the most exclusives. It has the highest rated games. Again, what is it? Oh, that's right. It's not a shooter machine. Oh well. Forgot about that.

Using your logic everyone should have a PS3, it's called personal preference. FYI, not everyone is interested in Mario. 

Anyways I was going to get a Wii U for X but the combat system looks ass and it looks like the graphics were downgraded in the gameplay trailer so I'm not so sure anymore. 

Around the Network

I'm buying a Mario Kart 8 for Wii U.

WagnerPaiva said:
Asdrendeluxe said:
WagnerPaiva said:

I think it will move around 500k extra consoles in the launch and around 2 million extra consoles in the long run. It really looks like a lot of fun, and it is, of course, gorgeous.

And to answer your question: I will not, but because of money, maybe in december. (PS: In Brazil the WiiU costs 800 dollars).

Man this is bad. 800 Dollar is to much. I wish you in Brasil luck to take this taxes out. You hurt the Gamers in Brasil and even the Goverment ( Nobody buys because of this price).

So true =/ Well, maybe I can make some extra money till xmas, so I will buy it anyways.

Can you not became it without taxes? i mean in the black market.

People they hate in the Internet thej have all small pe.....

Let's see how many consoles moves mario kart.

WagnerPaiva said:

I think it will move around 500k extra consoles in the launch and around 2 million extra consoles in the long run. It really looks like a lot of fun, and it is, of course, gorgeous.

And to answer your question: I will not, but because of money, maybe in december. (PS: In Brazil the WiiU costs 800 dollars).

I keep telling you, make a few good friends before the world cup and tell them to bring you the console in their bags when they go to see the matches, problem solved!

Around the Network

It looks great but it's not enough.

WagnerPaiva said:
Asdrendeluxe said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Man this is bad. 800 Dollar is to much. I wish you in Brasil luck to take this taxes out. You hurt the Gamers in Brasil and even the Goverment ( Nobody buys because of this price).

So true =/ Well, maybe I can make some extra money till xmas, so I will buy it anyways.

I bought the official console + Mario 3D World for R$1500 in November last year (around U$625, since 1 dollar was something like R$2,40 at the time). Just wait for another good sale and you can buy it for way less than R$1900. Actually, Nintendo already reduced the price here to R$1699, so if you can get one of those 10%+12% sales you can buy one for R$1400 or less. The lowest price I've seen here was R$1399 (12x116,60) during "Dia do consumidor". Games prices are ok, I have never paid more than R$150 for a game, but I always wait to get at least one 10% coupon.

I'm buying Mario Kart 8 and playing it on my roommate's Wii U. Going for the cost-efficient method. :P

Nope. It's Mario Kart. No, just no.

Does it come with the gimmick wheel adapter?