By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Xbox One boss pledges to support core gamers

Zappykins said:
He seems like a great guy, happy for him!

I think he will be a good leader for Xbox.

I really don't like his arrogant looking mug, but I agree. I feel he's going to do a much better job than anyone that came before him at XBox. His comments have been very reasonable in recent times and it seems he has the proper attitude for the brand.

Around the Network

I like him because when I go to the Xbox nation thread I see tweets from him every day, he already show me that he care about our views and now he is the boss I believe that he can make some important decisions that benefit us gamers...

So realistically 2./3 years away from their words taking effect.

What happened to their multi p tv cable game xbox. Are they dropping their tv xbox aspirations ? They lack one thought out unified vision for the X1, already pulled a 180 before. Now going from multi function to core gamer console, which is it.

Gimmie some 360 games pl0x

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I will believe it when I see it

This. Let's all not forget what happened with the Xbox 360 (especially throughout the years from 2010 to 2013). Support the console for awhile with a ton of exclusives, then just focus on the big heavy hitters (Halo, Forza, Gears) while relying on 3rd party multiplats among other things.

At least Sony has a long term commitment towards 1st party games.

Around the Network

He's really hit the campaign trail hard, hasn't he? I like the guy but this really feels more like a PR switch than anything else. I really doubt they're doing much different than before--of course, if they are doing things differently, it will be awhile before we can see those efforts come to fruition. This E3 will mostly be stuff they've been working on for years.

I do think he'll be good for Xbox, though, and thus gaming overall.

shikamaru317 said:
BeElite said:
So realistically 2./3 years away from their words taking effect.

What happened to their multi p tv cable game xbox. Are they dropping their tv xbox aspirations ? They lack one thought out unified vision for the X1, already pulled a 180 before. Now going from multi function to core gamer console, which is it.

They already have a considerable number of core games in development now, which Phil Spencer has mentioned even before becoming the head of Xbox, but yes, there should be even more core games in 2.5-3 years since Microsoft is likely to restructure some of their more casual studios to develop core games (or found all new core/AAA studios). 

I'm sure their tv vision is still there, the OneGuide, HDMI-in, and IR-blaster are already integrated into the console, they're not likely to get rid of them. And I'm sure they still have all of their tv shows in development, including the Steven Spielberg produced Halo tv show and the Ridley Scott produced Halo miniseries announced yesterday. 

They do and we know much of what they have been developing.  Either its moslty pr talk or it real effects like I said are far of.

Hoep those tv shows dont cost extra.

EB1994 said:
Drop the kinect, give it to me for 399$ and show me more games. That's how you support the core gamer.

They will drop it with Kinect to $399 this fall. Then I willbuy one for my living room. My lady will be happy.

Hynad said:
Zappykins said:
He seems like a great guy, happy for him!

I think he will be a good leader for Xbox.

I really don't like his arrogant looking mug, but I agree. I feel he's going to do a much better job than anyone that came before him at XBox. His comments have been very reasonable in recent times and it seems he has the proper attitude for the brand.

Yea, I remember here before there was a 'who would you want to date' thread and many people didn't like him (I think he was near the top or the top of my list.)  They didn’t like his face or his attitude.

The same things I liked about someone were traits others hated - and some of the reverse was true.  Anyway it’s all personal taste.

It doesn’t really matter what someone looks like, but what they do for the company.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!