By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Capcom be able to retain relevancy in this gen?

The new 15dollar Strider game was capcom right? Why not make games like that, and charge 30-40 dollars instead? They're lower budget so it'd be easier for them to get some cash in.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
HylianSwordsman said:

And you have no idea if mega man star force 3 was successful ... The one who's using a circular argument is you because saying it sold decently doesn't equate it to being a success. 

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

And to avoid doing the same fallacy, let me point out that the whole point of even having this discussion about sales is that YOU think selling decently means it's not a flop and therefore not dead, as you've claimed with Final Fantasy XIII.

Did I ever say that FF was dead ? No so don't put words in my mouth. You STILL have no argument if it was successful or not ...

I'm saying you have a double standard. Final Fantasy has a flop, but it sold decently, so the series isn't dead. Mega Man on the DS sold decently, and had almost no dev costs as DS games do, and yet you're saying it's still a flop, and that Mega Man is worthless because Capcom never made any more games with him and therefore those decent sales must be a lie even though they're several years old and based on reported sales by this point.

HylianSwordsman said:

I'm saying you have a double standard. Final Fantasy has a flop, but it sold decently, so the series isn't dead. Mega Man on the DS sold decently, and had almost no dev costs as DS games do, and yet you're saying it's still a flop, and that Mega Man is worthless because Capcom never made any more games with him and therefore those decent sales must be a lie even though they're several years old and based on reported sales by this point.

As a DS GAME but the fact that you have no idea whether it was successful in making profit means that you can't conclude that mega man was worth something. 

HylianSwordsman said:

As a DS GAME but the fact that you have no idea whether it was successful in making profit means that you can't conclude that mega man was worth something. 

You're the one claiming that Mega Man is worthless, YOU should have to provide the proof. But you can't, because there is none.

HylianSwordsman said:
HylianSwordsman said:

You're the one claiming that Mega Man is worthless, YOU should have to provide the proof. But you can't, because there is none.

You still can't claim that there is demand for mega man ... 

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Why not?

HylianSwordsman said:
HylianSwordsman said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Why not?

Make it well known that capcom is the only one with solid sales figures. NPD and media create aren't perfect either ... The fact that megaman is relegated to an iOS social game just shows how much capcom actually values the franchise ... They think it's shit, plain and simple. 

HylianSwordsman said:
HylianSwordsman said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Why not?

Make it well known that capcom is the only one with solid sales figures. NPD and media create aren't perfect either ... The fact that megaman is relegated to an iOS social game just shows how much capcom actually values the franchise ... They think it's shit, plain and simple. 

Who cares what Capcom thinks? I wanna know why I can't claim that there's demand for Mega Man.

Edit: Oh look what I found! A statement from Capcom's site that they value Mega Man!

(as of December 31, 2013)

With focus on delivering quality products to a wider audience base, Capcom has strived diligently to create innovative and exciting sequels to existing popular franchises to increase consumer opportunities and to strengthen its revenues.

One of Capcom's many popular franchises, "Mega Man", which was first released in 1987, has seen numerous popular sequels and a plethora of merchandise which has established it as one of the premier franchises in all of video games.

There's sales data too! As it turns out, of all Capcom's franchises, the only ones that have sold more are Resident Evil and Street Fighter! But of course, they're dead too, right?

HylianSwordsman said:

Who cares what Capcom thinks? I wanna know why I can't claim that there's demand for Mega Man.

How a publisher handles a franchise is important to gain their perspective from their side. If megaman was selling like call of duty capcom wouldn't be treating it like a POS but right now they are just doing exactly that which means that capcom doesn't see the franchise as being sustainable. Before anyone gives capcom shit, their in it to make some dough and they see that megaman isn't providing them that dough. 

HylianSwordsman said:

How a publisher handles a franchise is important to gain their perspective from their side. If megaman was selling like call of duty capcom wouldn't be treating it like a POS but right now they are just doing exactly that which means that capcom doesn't see the franchise as being sustainable. Before anyone gives capcom shit, their in it to make some dough and they see that megaman isn't providing them that dough. 

Since we posted at the same time, you missed my edit. Here, I'll post it again.

Edit: Oh look what I found! A statement from Capcom's site that they value Mega Man!

(as of December 31, 2013)

With focus on delivering quality products to a wider audience base, Capcom has strived diligently to create innovative and exciting sequels to existing popular franchises to increase consumer opportunities and to strengthen its revenues.

One of Capcom's many popular franchises, "Mega Man", which was first released in 1987, has seen numerous popular sequels and a plethora of merchandise which has established it as one of the premier franchises in all of video games.

There's sales data too! As it turns out, of all Capcom's franchises, the only ones that have sold more are Resident Evil and Street Fighter! But of course, they're dead too, right?