By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Timeline Explained

I don't know if there was already a thread on this a while back, but this GT retrospective tries to shine somelight on the true Zelda Storyline. It is old, and doesn't include LoZ:PH or LoZ:TP, but seems to make sense even if you include them.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/5269.html

What are your thoughts?

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network

i knew that ocarina is the class that impacts the entire timeline my entire life cause it makes two timeline.

I'm from the camp that believes that there's no continuity in the Zelda series. It's fun to speculate, though.

^ Nintendo already announced that there is  one and it is split nintendo announced that too.

Thats an old video, it's pretty decent on explaining it, I still don't know where TP fits as some of the enemies from there come from LttP and even goes along the light and shadow theme as LttP, either way it's pretty cool.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

That was a pretty good retrospective on the whole. But the Zelda timeline is so confusing, and it's nearly impossible to figure out. I'm hoping that Nintendo will clarify it someday.

I hope they decide to release the whole timeline via the next game, some sort of history book or something in-game :P

ill post this while the movies are loading. I didn't even know there was a connection at all between the games besides the characters and places until I heard that twilight princess happened in the same world a long time after ocarina of time. so these movies will be interesting. But if I had to guess the main story goes something like this; Zelda (original), Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess. I think the others may just be fluff to sell the name Zelda.

Actually LttP was directly stated to be a prequel to the original Legend of Zelda even before it was launched and Ocarina of Time was before that(Ganondorf hadn't yet been transformed into Ganon and sealed in the dark world)

Main games used to go like this:

OOT->LTTP->LoZ

Unfortunately, Wind Waker kinda threw a wrench into the works leading to the split timeline theory

Yeah, I just watched the 6th one and it is way more complex than I thought it was. I would love to see something official from Nintendo though.