By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was Titanfall the Second Coming of Christ??

King Titanfall.. yes.

Praise the One.

Around the Network

Its a good game but im sick of the threads about it that usually has nothing more than propaganda filled comments from both sides.

Aye, MacAllen was actually Jesus in the story, and he will be resurrected as the third coming in the next game!

/sarc

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Mmmfishtacos said:

I can think of many, starting with the smart pistol and the laughable AI.

Instead of just listing them, why don't you go into detail about why they are "dumbed down"?

The smart pistol has a lock on ability, but it is worthless against Pilots. You have to have them in your sights right in front of you long enough for 3 lock on cycles to get a guaranteed kill. In that time you could have killed a Pilot five times over with any other weapon in the game. You must have been killed by the smart pistol a lot. LOL. Gotta watch your surroundings better. Just remember each time you're raging over a smart pistol death, if that Pilot had a carbine or spitfire LMG instead, you'd have been dead in 1/4 the time.

The AI, I am just going to chalk that up to the typical situation where you are just expecting the AI to be something it's not intended to be. That or you have absolutely 0 experience in MOBA games.

Yes! But not Jesus Christ. More like Jesus (Hay_soos) Christ. He's the guy who cuts the grass at my job.

Around the Network

Yes, and Infamous SS was the second son of God.

J_Allard said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

Instead of just listing them, why don't you go into detail about why they are "dumbed down"?

The smart pistol has a lock on ability, but it is worthless against Pilots. You have to have them in your sights right in front of you long enough for 3 lock on cycles to get a guaranteed kill. In that time you could have killed a Pilot five times over with any other weapon in the game. You must have been killed by the smart pistol a lot. LOL. Gotta watch your surroundings better. Just remember each time you're raging over a smart pistol death, if that Pilot had a carbine or spitfire LMG instead, you'd have been dead in 1/4 the time.

The AI, I am just going to chalk that up to the typical situation where you are just expecting the AI to be something it's not intended to be. That or you have absolutely 0 experience in MOBA games.

Why do you even bother? He owns the game lol

J_Allard said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

I'd expect the AI not to huddle up in the same corner facing the opposed direction of the action. The smart pistol was just an example the dumb down aspect of the game. I cant ever recall being killed by one. but taking out grunts with it is about as easy and running up and kicking one. It became painfully clear it's not even worth your time to even mess with the grunts. They are pointless fodder, I wont even waste a bullet on one. Besides it's giving away  your position on the map.   The Titain timer is another aspect of the game being dumbed down. You don't have to do anything and you'll get your titan. Which is better to let run in AI mode, as it will get kills for you and you can watch it for pilots attacking it.  Another example of the game being dumb down. This game isn't for the season FPS player, and it's painfully clear. Now if you like it great. But don't act as if it's the second coming. 

Mmmfishtacos said:

I'd expect the AI not to huddle up in the same corner facing the opposed direction of the action. The smart pistol was just an example the dumb down aspect of the game. I cant ever recall being killed by one. but taking out grunts with it is about as easy and running up and kicking one. It became painfully clear it's not even worth your time to even mess with the grunts. They are pointless fodder, I wont even waste a bullet on one. Besides it's giving away  your position on the map.   The Titain timer is another aspect of the game being dumbed down. You don't have to do anything and you'll get your titan. Which is better to let run in AI mode, as it will get kills for you and you can watch it for pilots attacking it.  Another example of the game being dumb down. This game isn't for the season FPS player, and it's painfully clear. Now if you like it great. But don't act as if it's the second coming. 

So then you have no MOBA experience then and have no idea how creeper AI works. That's exactly what the AI in Titanfall is designed to be. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's "dumbed down". The AI is there to control the flow of the battle. You're right, you give away your position if you're attacking them out in the open or with a non-silenced weapon. But that's the point. An enemy pilot will see that and suddenly you have a gun fight. Or, an enemy won't see that, and you're racking up Attrition points or getting massive cooldowns on your Titanfall. Again, MOBA. Look it up.

You have no actual in depth reasoning for why the smart pistol is dumbed down. Gotcha. I can see now the other guy is right, there is no point in really trying. Some men just want to watch the world burn I guess. Not sure why you would even bother to buy the game LOL.

J_Allard said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

True, I dont even bother using the smart pistol against pilots. Its awesome against grunts and spectres.