By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Best Selling Franchises?

Where might I find a list of the best selling video game franchises? I want the most up to date list there is. Thanks.

Around the Network

I don't think there is any data ... Even if there was I would expect that Madden would win by (quite) a large margin ...

HappySqurriel said:
I don't think there is any data ... Even if there was I would expect that Madden would win by (quite) a large margin ...

Even over Mario? The top five Mario games have over 108 million... Plus if you include all the other titles, merchandise, arcade games and other revenue, it's one of the most successful franchises of any product much less video games. 

Holy 1000 posts Batman! er, HappySqurriel! (I still can't get over your name, you do know it's normally spelled Squirrel right?)

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Holy 1000 posts Batman! er, HappySqurriel! (I still can't get over your name, you do know it's normally spelled Squirrel right?)

Yeah, it was misspelled in order to get an account in America's Army a very long time ago and I kept the spelling ...

Around the Network

I would say that the GTA series is doing quite well (I beleive San Andreas sold around 14M on PS2)

add me

Well I guess the number one on that list has got to be pokemon!

anyway gd look in finding this list.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

1. Mario 2. Pokémon 3. Sim 4. Final Fantasy 5. Madden NFL 6. Grand Theft Auto 7. The Legend of Zelda 8. Donkey Kong (48 million) 9. Gran Turismo (47 million) 10. Sonic the Hedgehog

Best most conclusive list anywhere on the internet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#Franchise

It took me several evenings to make it the most up-to-date, here is the graal : http://www.gamekult.com/blog/outcast/49524/Top+Series+de+jeu+video+MaJ.html

The info just don't come only from VGC but for the most part from official press releases and are max 1 year old (except for Tetris (2005)). The list is better, more complete and more up-to-date than the "The Independente" one. Enjoy.