By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Second Son Update Incoming: Change Time of Day, HUD Off, 30FPS Option

Tagged games:

Hopefully we can also get an option to reset all DUP activity.

Around the Network
poklane said:
Hopefully we can also get an option to reset all DUP activity.

THIS..

so we can enjoy the last power more. 

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

The HUB off is good for share screens/videos.

ethomaz said:
Zekkyou said:
Hopefully the 30fps cap becomes a standard feature for unlocked games, for those who want it.

You lost responsibility with 30fps cap... Killzone plays smooth unlocked... BioShock Infinite too (this one have even a warning message saying you will loose the fast response in the gameplay with 30fps caps).

Unlocked is always a better option even with juggers.

Question, locked 60fps is the best thing?

Wright said:

If you are talking about PC then unlocked up to 99fps is better than 60fps for moviments/response time. What really matter if the game didn't drop below your target.

For example....

60-90fps is better for me than 60fps locked
50-80fps is worst for me than 60fps locked

Understood?

I prefer unlocked since the low framerate is better or equal than the locked one... I can accept the screen tearing due better response in the controls.

But I understand some guys prefer a better lock game with no screen tearing over the controllers response time.

From my experience BioShock Infinite and Killzone: Shadow Fall plays better unlocked.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Wright said:

If you are talking about PC then unlocked up to 99fps is better than 60fps for moviments/response time. What really matter if the game didn't drop below your target.

For example....

60-90fps is better for me than 60fps locked
50-80fps is worst for me than 60fps locked

Understood?

I prefer unlocked since the low framerate is better or equal than the locked one... I can accept the screen tearing due better response in the controls.

Yeah, I think I get it...

EDIT: You ninja'd put more things in your original post >_>

I hope they add subdue, and execute for later powers. Some new powers would be nice too

mod edit: tiny spolier taken out to be on the safe side since the game is still pretty new.  -Torillian

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

It'd be interesting to see more console games going this PC type route where larger setting for graphics were adjustable by the player. That way you can adjust the quality to a point at which the framerate is tolerable for you.

Will we be able to select the weather time from the prefixed ones? (like rain is always at night), or the time will pass by as normal?

If it's the 1st then it's kinda lame :P

I really don't care about the frame rate lock, I tried the locked option in killzone, and quickly turned it back, juddering doesn't happen enough in either game for it to be an issue.

Anyway, i'd like to be able to remove Delson from the screen, with time of day changes and the HUD options you could get some really awesome shots of the city. Or at least let us pose him, that would be hilarious.