By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OP updated! DKC : Tropical Freeze currently outselling Infamous(almost) and Titanfall on Amazon (US)

Tropical freeze is a proper hardcore game, if you like a challenge whilst taking in all the beautiful colourful scenery this is for you. Best game of the year so far.

Around the Network
Putin said:
Riiiight, TF have 430k lifetime, and inFamous already 700k in week one, titanfall is 1ml + after two...

THIS. LOL to anyone who thinks this is some kind of victory. But you know what? Let them have this. 

Good to hear. Tropical Freeze is a game any one who has a Wii U should buy.

The water world killed the game for me and Boss Fugu was the rage inducing cherry on the shit cake. The last side scrolling platforming game I played before DKC, Puppeteer was SO much better.

I'm not trying to be "that" guy but it controlled like ass underwater and even if you knew all the boss patterns it was just way too easy to make mistakes. Throw in 20 minute boss fights with no check points.... It was more annoying than fun. Great soundtrack though.

That's all just my opinion though, I know every single other person in the world thought it was like the greatest thing ever.

superchunk said:
Front loaded vs long beautiful Nintendo legs.

Infamous will have better legs and sell more LTD, so there is that.

Around the Network
Drakrami said:

the game's selling so freaking well, they need to price cut it 1.5months after released.

Notice how Amazon, who is not directly affiliated with Nintendo, is having a limited-time sale. It is any store's perogative to have a sale on any item they wish, because they've already bought the item from the manufacturer.

Thus, I fear, your joke may perhaps fall flat.

Clyde32 said:
spemanig said:
I wouldn't even consider buying this until it was at least $20.

Why is that?

I don't think a 2D platformer in this day and age is worth more than between $20. And I love 2D platformers. I have DKCR:3D on my 3DS, but I only payed $20 for it.

FlamingWeazel said:
superchunk said:
Front loaded vs long beautiful Nintendo legs.

Infamous will have better legs and sell more LTD, so there is that.

Infamous - 2.74m
Infamous2 - 1.65m
InfamousSS - 0.75m (and still going)

DKCR (wii) - 6.13m
DKCR (3ds) - 1.29m (and still going)
DKCTF - 0.43m (and still going)

I think there is a bigger argument for DKCTF having larger lifetime.

Feature length (;

oniyide said:
Putin said:
Riiiight, TF have 430k lifetime, and inFamous already 700k in week one, titanfall is 1ml + after two...

THIS. LOL to anyone who thinks this is some kind of victory. But you know what? Let them have this. 

Heh. Everyone should know that the PS Store Gift Cards are the only winners in this war!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---