By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Infamous Second Son impressions (no spoilers) PS4 fan

I'm not an inFamous fan. I bought the first on day one and didn't really like it. About the second boss battle or something I quit and never went back. When inFamous 2 came out, I skipped it.

With Second Son, I was hyped so I preordered it. It started off great but pretty early on, it wore off. The intro was awesome. So awesome that I restarted the game so that others could see it. Then, when I got to one of the first missions where I was just fighting waves and waves of DUP while trying to blow up some truck, I realized that I wasn't having any fun. Just running and shooting braindead enemies? Blah. The last thing I did was take down the device on the Space Needle.

Good looking game (the effects, mostly), controls well with some pretty cool controller tricks (spray painting, absorbing powers, phone calls) but it still hasn't made me an inFamous fan. For fans of the series, enjoy. Me? I have too many other games to play. If I were starved for a new game, the situation might be different.

Again, just my opinion. And I will finish the game. Hopefully things pick up for me as I gain more powers. I hear good things about "neon".

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I'm not an inFamous fan. I bought the first on day one and didn't really like it. About the second boss battle or something I quit and never went back. When inFamous 2 came out, I skipped it.

With Second Son, I was hyped so I preordered it. It started off great but pretty early on, it wore off. The intro was awesome. So awesome that I restarted the game so that others could see it. Then, when I got to one of the first missions where I was just fighting waves and waves of DUP while trying to blow up some truck, I realized that I wasn't having any fun. Just running and shooting braindead enemies? Blah. The last thing I did was take down the device on the Space Needle.

Good looking game (the effects, mostly), controls well with some pretty cool controller tricks (spray painting, absorbing powers, phone calls) but it still hasn't made me an inFamous fan. For fans of the series, enjoy. Me? I have too many other games to play. If I were starved for a new game, the situation might be different.

Again, just my opinion. And I will finish the game. Hopefully things pick up for me as I gain more powers. I hear good things about "neon".

For me, fully upgraded Neon is really the peak. 

If you were bored and tired of how things were going in that first few hours though, dont expect it to change with the introduction of new powers. Its the same old stuff all the way through to the end only with tougher enemies.