By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors developer Tecmo Koei wants to develop Mario and other franchises

Tecmo Koei is using the Zelda series for Nintendo’s upcoming Dynasty Warriors-styled Wii U game, Hyrule Warriors. But Zelda isn’t the only prominent IP the company has interest in utilizing.

“Disney, Star Wars and Mario are just a few of the various franchises we’d like to work with,” Tecmo Koei vice president Hibashi Kinuma told ONM this month.

Before Tecmo Koei can even begin considering other partnerships and crossovers, work on Hyrule Warriors will need to be completed first. That game is scheduled to arrive later this year.

Around the Network

If Hyrule Warriors is any good, I hope they can use other Nintendo characters for their games.

Mario no.

One of their dormant franchises like Starfox why not

Woah! Calm your tits down there Tecmo! We havn't even seen how Hyrule Warriors is gonna do yet nor do we know if its any fun or not. As much as I would love to see Mario kill endless waves of Goombas, we need results first!

I know you love Milking Dynasty Warriors (and others) and Nintendo loves Milking their own franchises but before the we Milk the Cow that has already been Milked, you should release Hyrule Warriors first so we can see if the Milk is any good or not

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

If they pull this off, I will be happy for that to happen.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Woah! Calm your tits down there Tecmo! We havn't even seen how Hyrule Warriors is gonna do yet nor do we know if its any fun or not. As much as I would love to see Mario kill endless waves of Goombas, we need results first!

I know you love Milking Dynasty Warriors (and others) and Nintendo loves Milking their own franchises but before the we Milk the Milk that has already been Milked, you should release Hyrule Warriors first so we can see if the Milk is any good or not

They aren't the only ones who need to calm 'em. You should try reading your comment again. 

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAHAHAH!!! Thats hilarious. Its a wonder Tecmo is still in business. They are playing it smart with low budget games because if they ever went true AAA for an extended period of time their company would fall apart.

Can't lie, Jedi Warriors would be pretty cool.

I think it would make more sense for them to tackle Fire Emblem than Mario... Even Kid Icarus could work decently. Mario makes no sense to me though.

Clyde32 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

I know you love Milking Dynasty Warriors (and others) and Nintendo loves Milking their own franchises but before the we Milk the Milk that has already been Milked, you should release Hyrule Warriors first so we can see if the Milk is any good or not

They aren't the only ones who need to calm 'em. You should try reading your comment again. 

Well, all I am saying is, is that they need to release Hyrule Warriors before they get their hands on other Nintendo franchises. I love Dynasty Warriors but they are the same games over and over again just with better graphics and better music. If Hyrule Warriors has something amazing apart from just waves and waves of enemies, then cool, go and make some more but if its exactly like Dynasty Warriors just with the Zelda skin, than no thanks

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

...how about a Captain Falcon beat 'em up?

I can't be the only one who's wanted to use Falcon Punch outside of Super Smash Bros...