By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft won't allow Xbox One/PC cross-platform play

Tagged games:

sales2099 said:
Dgc1808 said:
sales2099 said:
Shaunaka said:
Seece said:
I don't get why this is a thing, why are people on PC so eager to play with console gamers and vice versa?

Because this would have allowed PS4 gamers to go head-to-head with XB1 gamers? 

I think people are just pointing out that MS is being typically restrictrive again, whilst Sony is not.

Ironically only MS tried this in the past with a dedicated effort where as Sony......had a one-time deal with Valve on Portal 2?

You are wrong. Unreal Tournament 3, Final Fantasy XIV, Final Fantasy XI (PC and PS2) and Portal 2. Counter Strike was also originally going to support this but because Valve couldn't update the game as frequently on PS3 as the could on Mac + PC, they dropped the feature. 

In any case, point is, SONY's allowed this since the PS2 days long before the Valve thing. It's been an option if devs want to go that route.

Oh ya, 360 had that with FFX1 as well. Sony may have "allowed" a few games but MS actively invested in games like Shadowrun. It just didn't pan out. PC gamers master race and what not ;P

The difference between SCE simply allowing and MS investing is that SCE doesn't develop PC games. SOE does but that's a different entity all together. Point is, SCE has given the greenlight to this ages ago and are still fine with it. MS said yes later on and are now saying no.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

The general feeling I'm getting from this thread is that some Xbox fans would rather not get a game at all if they have to play on the same servers as PC players?

Okay.

Personally, that's a big turn-off, knowing there is an immovable wall standing between me and games.

I'm also surprised to hear that Xbox is still using the omnipotent account manager system, which has been much criticized over the last few years. I assumed that would have been improved by now. Perhaps all the new changes simply aren't in effect yet, or they weren't when Gaijin was dealing with them.

man, it's like everyone thinks competitive fps multiplayer is the only gaming genre....

FF11 on 360 worked with PC and PS2!!

Comes to something when Sony will support Windows cross gaming and MS wont. Weird world we live in.

kitler53 said:
man, it's like everyone thinks competitive fps multiplayer is the only gaming genre....

I's the hottest and it pushes the consoles in every way. Like platformers used to be.

Around the Network

Idc about cross play with PC I think what needs to happen is cross play with Xbox and PS that way its fair plus u get extra players

kitler53 said:

Yeap... War Thunders and FFXIV = FPS didn't works with cross-play

I do not want cross play between PC/Console. Not because of the keyboard/mouse but because of cheating.
I stopped to play on PC because of that and while they are still cheaters on console it is under control and MS (or any other publisher) are doing everything possible to kill it (Respawn is a good example). On PC, it is a complete mess and you can never be certain if all other players in your game are not using cheats.

PS4 / Xbox One cross play on the other hand would be cool.