By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if the Wii U was never called "Wii U"?

Would it sell better?

Absolutely 179 49.72%

Not too much 118 32.78%

Nope 63 17.50%

Total:360

What if Nintendo decided to choose a different name for their console (Wii U)? Would it be able to sell more than it is right now? To the gaming masses, the name it's self acts like a repelant to many potential buyers and confuses the ever shrinking casual console buyers. What do you think? Could a simple name change turn the tides from the Wii U being "d0omed"? A name like The U, Nintendo Ultra, or maybe acronyms like NU, NWU, or simply U be a good marketing change?

Around the Network

Super Wii or Wii 2 would have had better awareness, the concept, games and system is still the same tho.

I kinda feel there was a window for a different name to change the future of WiiU, but that has well and truly passed.

It depends on what name they would have given it. I would have liked "Nintendo U" with a red theme instead of blue.

It would have sold a shit ton more unless its something even more retarded like Wii One

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nintentacle said:
It depends on what name they would have given it. I would have liked "Nintendo U" with a red theme instead of blue.

Whats wrong with the blue theme?

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

It would have sold a shit ton more unless its something even more retarded like Wii One

Or... One Wii!

TheLegendaryWolf said:
Nintentacle said:

Nothing, I just think red would have looked cooler.

Nintentacle said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:
Nintentacle said:

Nowhere near as consumer friendly, very aggressive colour. Just as well you're not in charge!

Nintentacle said:
TheLegendaryWolf said:
Nintentacle said:

Hey, maybe next console cycle?

What if Wii never existed and Iwata wake up without legs?