By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - After the Layoffs Sony is Now Working on Hiring Again; Insider Explains What Happened

Seece said:
ethomaz said:

Ohhhhhhh 100 mil wasted in a game I will never see...

Why would you want to? It says it looked shit and failed every test!

Alot of games look like shit/are shit/ and would never pass tests. But we still get them. Sony seems to have higher standards than most third party does.

Around the Network

*Looks at the list of announced exclusive PS4 first party games*

Believable.

Dark_Feanor said:
manny10032 said:

damage control??? everything he said made sense. you burn 100MIL and your project sucks..you get canned. simple!

No, nothing he said makes any sense... 

And if he is a inserder he would have broke this "issues" a long time ago. 

But, no, he just missed every single one of the layoffs and any other.

http://weknowmemes.com/generator/meme/Captain-Hindsight/675/

Did you even read the OP? Give me one thing he said that can not be taken as a reasonable explanation for what happened.

Also what kind of logic is that? He is an insider, so he must know everything that happens at Sony before it happens and he is obligated to share all the information he has with the public. Really? That is possibly the weakest argument you can make.

Seriously for you Sony having financial problems is probably the reason for everything bad that happens at that company, but just because you aren't willing to look a bit deeper into those things doesn't mean others can't and it certainly also doesn't mean that any reason other than "Well Sony is close to bankruptcy, lol" given for those things automatically doesn't make any sense.

DerNebel said:
Dark_Feanor said:
manny10032 said:

damage control??? everything he said made sense. you burn 100MIL and your project sucks..you get canned. simple!

Did you even read the OP? Give me one thing he said that can not be taken as a reasonable explanation for what happened.

Also what kind of logic is that? He is an insider, so he must know everything that happens at Sony before it happens and he is obligated to share all the information he has with the public. Really? That is possibly the weakest argument you can make.

Seriously for you Sony having financial problems is probably the reason for everything bad that happens at that company, but just because you aren't willing to look a bit deeper into those things doesn't mean others can't and it certainly also doesn't mean that any reason other than "Well Sony is close to bankruptcy, lol" given for those things automatically doesn't make any sense.

Easy...

100mi spent in a unannounced game.

Why has Dodd never talked about this game before the layoffs?

Let's give a happy spin on Sony: they allow creative freedom and trust their devs, which is a pretty nice thing all in all. I think that needs commending, if nothing else but to lift the doom and gloom a bit - so many people so anxious to see things go pear shaped just so they...fuck knows what they want -.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
DerNebel said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Easy...

100mi spent in a unannounced game.

Why has Dodd never talked about this game before the layoffs?

He said 75-90mil and they worked 4 years on this, so that is not beyond reason, but thanks for proving to me that you didn't even read the whole thing.

Also, again what kind of argument is that? He didn't talk about this so he can't be an insider (if that is even true, I highly doubt you read every post of his, I definitely don't)? The existence of this project was known anyway.

I always maintained that these people leaving Sony or any other company for that matter is simply a natural thing. Happens between banks in the banking industry, happens Between firms in the consulting/law industry, etc. Just these other industries don't have the kind of media coverage to over sensationalize all this.

There is generally a reason we associate studios with games versus directors. Ask any general consumer about god of war and theyre not going to be able to discern any significant difference in the director of a game.

It's not like movies where we associate directors over studios.

To be honest I have no idea if this amount of turn over is "normal" From my understanding, taking god of war as an example, each game had different directors, yeah? It seems that this profession has a constantly revolving door where people work their way up through a studio, helm a game and then move on, especially high profile games.

In a creative genre you can really only expect these people to feel fulfilled being pigeonholed in a moneymaking franchise for so long.

Very insightful, and paints a less than gloomy picture. I was a little worried prior to reading this, but now that things have been put into context, I'm confident things will work out in time.

J_Allard said:
So he throws out "almost 100 million" then when is called out on how ludicrous it sounds, it's "between 75 and 90 which are both uh you know close to 100" LOL. Not buying that for a second which makes me doubt everything else he posted.

Yeah, this whole things screams damage control, from a bullshitter. Some fanboy "insider" saw everything going on inside of every sony studio, and has all the info on money, and games being produced, and every detail.... yeah, sure guy....