By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 sales have passed that of the TurboGraphX-16!

@ Lordtheknight: I'll set my alarm for Jan. 1st, 2009! It'll have passed both.

Around the Network

TGX-16 will always be number one in my heart.

But only because of air zonk and 'moo moo' the cow fish assist character. Man, that thing sure knew how to sport a pair of shades.

http://wii.ign.com/dor/wii/897428/images/air-zonk-virtual-console-20070717025506163.html

That seems a bit too optimistic. Even with a the rise in sales, around 15 million in 10.5 months is a stretch.

Let's do the math. It sold just under 180k worldwide this week. So minimum for this would be 180k times 42 weeks, totaling 7,56,000 units.

Of course that number is likely to double from September to December (at least averaging out to doubling). So we have (180,000x26) + (360,000x16) = 4,680,000 + 5,760,000 = 10,440,000.

So beating out the GC is likely (assuming the PS3 gets Tretton's hoped-for 10% boost), but it would take a huge boost to beat the Xbox by then.

It could happen, but it's not likely under the current circumstances.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LOL nice find, although some of those figures are a bit suspect. Soon the PS3 will surpass the Dreamcast!

is this a joke thread?
PS3 passes CD-i, m'kay!

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

Around the Network

^^ It may pass the Dreamcast in sales but if I was asked "what one console would you like to be left with on a deserted island?" I'd still chose the dreamcast over the PS3...by a pretty large margin.

Many of the numbers in that list are incorrect. The Playstation Portable, sold far more than just over 20 million units. Why would they group the Gameboy, and Gameboy Color? They are two separate portable consoles.

a.l.e.x00 said:
Many of the numbers in that list are incorrect. The Playstation Portable, sold far more than just over 20 million units. Why would they group the Gameboy, and Gameboy Color? They are two separate portable consoles.

Didn't the Gameboy and Gameboy color use pretty much the same cartridges? They certainly looked the same.. that's the reason why the GBA wasn't grouped with them. Its were different.

The real question is: When will Virtual Console sell more TurboGrafx-16 games then the TurboGrafx-16 did?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I liked the Saturn :o... anyway, cool.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina