By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Article: How Playstation's focus on gamers helped PS4 reach #1

Are you happy Sony stepped into the gaming business?

Yes 23 43.40%

No 0 0%

Extremely happy 27 50.94%

Terrible decision 1 1.89%

No opinion 2 3.77%

Total:53
pokoko said:
That's actually a shame, as I truly believe that Microsoft will have much more gaming content this gen than last. For me, the 360 was easy to skip but the XO's exclusive line-up appears to be much more robust.

I have the opposite thoughts. Last gen I waited for the PS3 to be cheaper mainly for FFXIII and other potential games, all those games ended up on 360 as well and at the time, 360 was flying high with it's JRPG exclusives, Mass Effect, Oblivion, Dead Rising, Dead or Alive etc. I thought towards the end of last gen most 3rd Party developers would release their games on as many systems  in 8th gen as they could to maximise profits, so it would be first party that defined a console. So far this gen, it is the same as start of 7th gen, while there are some multiplatform, there are big named 3rd Party exlusives. 

I think Xbone will struggle beyond 3rd party developers exclusives which might not be there for long. Their first party line up I feel is weaker than Sony and Nintendo, even with Halo and Froza (and now Gears I guess).

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

I agree, PS3 focus on gamers made me want a PS4

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I have to agree. Coming out of the PS2 era i was not happy with Sony at all. I shifted to the cheaper and just as capable X360. Those first years, it really was the right decision but things took a turn around with the years. Sony commited more to their first party software and focus on the gamer.

The sucess of the PS4 is the clear choice of the people. They have clearly said they dont want to be forced into something they arent prepared for and they want a focus on games. It pleases me to see it that we can still slam the table and say "NO".