By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who do you think is OWNING EVERYONE at GDC so far?

Well being that only one company actually had a presentation .......

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
daactualfact said:
@coolestguyever

Dude Activision is crappin on us!!! We have to wait 2 years for the next best Cod game! (TReyarch is making the next one!)

WELL 2009 WILL BE CALL OF DUTY 6! (I wish someone would start a petition to get rid of Activision and bring inn the big boys at Infinity Ward! an internet petition.)

I don't see what the big deal is.  We'd just have no COD in '08 and COD5 in '09 rather than a Treyarch one in '08 and Infinity Ward one in '09.

Another pretty quiet conference if you ask me. Nintendo let us know the dates of some things they had announced ages ago, Sony told us more about stuff they announced ages ago, and MS announced a game everyone knew was coming anyway.

I probably missed something, so feel free to correct me if you think I'm completely wrong here. =P

daactualfact said:

After the first day and today, who do you think is murdering? I mean, in the honest truth and you guys know it too, Nintendo is seems to be winning at GDC right now! Wiiware date, Wiifit dated, Nintendo is finally treating Europe with love and releasing MKWii for Europe before Ameica! New wiiware game that will definitely be another hit game on Wiiware!!!! Sony may be saving most of their stuff for E3.

Killzone 2 is looking nice but it will suck! Resistance 2, imo, will be 08's best shooter!!! (and that's saying alot when you go against Gears 2 and Cod5 but it (CoD5) may suck since it's BACK 2 WWII AGAIN!!!!) tREYARCH MESSES THINGS UP! Sony has a lot more in store though to keep up with Nintendo!

MS is really puzzling me. The only thing interesting is the Gears 2 release but I left the 360 side for good so what else? No offense, but I see this as more of a Ps3 verses Wii battle with 360 3rd.

your takes on gdc 08 so far?

Sorry, I had to do it. I paid far too much attention in my english class. Either that or I paid absolutly no attention whatsoever and made it worse. It just sounded like you were referring to R2 with that bit there.

OT: I'd have to say Sony, but thats only because I'm biased (my only "next gen" console is a PS3).

I'm still waiting for that DS3 released date, though Sony.

How do you guys think Gears 2 will do? A lot of you guys act like it will do Halo 2 good! (whcih is possible if 360 passes the box's install base this year.)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

thanks insomniac for correcting that.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

Nobody is "owning" and it's been a huge dissapointment so far.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

The more you post, the more I'm reminded of Wiiforever.

DMeisterJ said:
@ Daactualfact

Are you an actual human being?

I like to think that he is a piece of brilliant satire by a group of trolls dedicated to making caricatures instead of posting gore.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

I don't think anyone is owning, microsoft presented and confirmed GeoW2, which are huge and probably let them 'win' it (despite fall backs on the floor, RROD) .. i'm pretty happy with the date and info nintendo have given for wiiware, as well as release dates for wii fit, mario kart and smashbros (for US/Europe, Europe and Europe respectively)