By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who do you think is OWNING EVERYONE at GDC so far?

@daactualfact:

Thanks for saying that.

Anyways that really sucks that CoD is back to WWII. Didn't the fact that CoD4 became the bestselling Call of Duty game mean anything to them? or did they just ignore that fact. They have got to be the stupidest developer on the planet. CoD: Modern Warfare 2 would be an amazing game, but looks like we are going to have to do the same old boring crap and shoot Germans.

Around the Network

Nintendo is doing well mostly because they're trying to sell Game Developers on the concept of Wii Ware ...

Sony and Microsoft are not gaining much ground because all the tools and technologies surrounding the PS3 and XBox 360 already exist and are well known.

It might be japs versus yanks coolestguyever.

Sony really didnt show anything and since M$ had a press release thye would be first.

hey! DE85, commercials can do wondersreally! Yes, hype needs to work for a game, but commercials are also good! (halo 3 barely had any 2007 commercials but it sold shitloads and you know that was overhype.) but, halo 3 is one of the only games that could endure this!

Think if a game like RE4 had no commercials? Shitty sales all around! (RE4 on Ps2 still is impressive but not mind-blowing when you consider that the PS2 was already fat. A game like this should have sold fatter! But there weren't any commercials in Us or Europe at all!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

Answering the question first, because thats what politeness dictates. The answer is Microsoft is winning since they have had the only notable announcements. The announced Gears of War 2. That is actually enough considering it is a massive franchise. They also managed to give Fable 2 some screen time, and frankly it is introducing some more elements that should excite people. They are rather radical elements for a traditional role playing game.

Beyond that seeing game footage from games who's footage we have seen before, or getting release dates for games we knew were coming out this year regardless. Well those aren't actually very noteworthy. They do not play into the event they are mostly filler. Further more I am not interested in Wii fit looking like a lunatic while playing my console is no longer appealing. I need exercise I will go out and get real exercise.

I have said this before nothing revealed at E3 is going to hit the consoles this year unless the developers and manufacturers move to a six month time table. Then there is room for announced games to release before the end of the year, but that just isn't going to happen. Yes it would be nice to get the majority of hyped releases in the next six months, but it probably isn't going to happen.

I honestly also ask why people think E3 is still the scene. The show used to be a public show. Now its another elitist convention that is too good for the common man to attend. Just like the Game Developers Conference I suppose. I said it before I hope we do not end up with the gamer days being the real blitz events for the respective platforms.

there is still 2 more days and tomorrow is Thursday. With the PS Store update we should see some interesting updates and trailers.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

@ PooperScooper: Thats very depressing.

I am bored out of my mind on WWII shooters. Like Medal of Honor: Frontline rocked! but Medal of Honor: 33 is still stuck on WWII.

Call of Duty 5 will be just another game and not a phenomenon like CoD4.

@coolestguyever

Dude Activision is crappin on us!!! We have to wait 2 years for the next best Cod game! (TReyarch is making the next one!)

WELL 2009 WILL BE CALL OF DUTY 6! (I wish someone would start a petition to get rid of Activision and bring inn the big boys at Infinity Ward! an internet petition.)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

I mean Sony made headlines with the unveilings of LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, and HOME last year.

I would say Microsoft, but most of their news was stuff we already knew about, except for Gears of War 2.