By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XNA games coming to Live members! - Greatest Thing Since Slice Bread!!

MS has announce XNA games will be released to the general Live members. The cost and content will be controlled by the creators with basic restrictions from Xbox Live. Restrictions are yet know, but we will soon find out.

So first off.. what is XNA?

straight off the website - Microsoft® XNA™ is composed of industry-leading software, services, resources, and communities focused on enabling game developers to be successful on Microsoft gaming platforms.

Basically state of the art tools for creating, developing, debugging and releasing games on Microsoft platforms

Who uses XNA?

Small game studio's, student's and college classrooms, or just plain hobbyist. Every thing to create a game is available for you. Including turorials, help from the community and samples.

Why should you care?

Because the industry is crowded with the same old crap... this will be the best way for independant developers to release their games that are too crazy for established places to release. Because the next myamoto's playing in his/her parents basement will finally have an outlet to release their next creation. Because this bring "user content" to a whole new level... who the hell cares about an extra map or stupid scarf dangling from an avatar when users will instead be creating games.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

It's actually "sliced" bread, not "slice"

That was sarcasm... right?

damn typo's

no, not sarcasm...

Can't say I find that exciting.

It's not like there so few good games out there that I have to resort to looking for sharewares to keep busy...

Only positive thing I see is if somehow it allows to download new maps/mods for existing games...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I think this will turn out to be huge but most people won't see it yet....just like achievements!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

It'll turn out huge for me, as I've just started getting into XNA, and this could be nice to know for the future.

it says I need a xna membership.... WTF!?!?!?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
it says I need a xna membership.... WTF!?!?!?

I think you went to the wrong area

http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/02/20/xna-creators-club-game-launcher-free.aspx

Content: XNA Creators Club Game Launcher
Price: Free
Availability: Not available in Australia, Hong Kong, India, Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan
Dash Text: [ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)] *Xbox 360 HDD Required* Download the XNA Creators Club Game Launcher in order to play the special preview selection of game demos created by the community using XNA Game Studio. When your download is complete, go to the Games Library, select My Games, and navigate to the XNA Creators Club category along the top. From there, press Y to view, download, and play the available trial games for this limited period.

Note: You will need this launcher to access the free community games which are now available

Free Games are always good, don't know why people are bitchin about it

Well,like any other thing,there will be good and bad games,I hope jewels appear very often,good for 360 owners.