By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Is anyone else worried about Star Citizen?

Edit: Ignore double post

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

I dont really back games just cause I hate the idea of giving people money for something where the final result is not clear regardless of what claims are made but with that being said, it does seem like a rather quite expensive game and on top of that, you need a killer PC to get the best experience the game has to offer. Hopefully it turns out good though

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I payed the minimum amount to secure a copy. Hopefully building up your fleet from the very bottom will be an enjoyable experience.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I dont really back games just cause I hate the idea of giving people money for something where the final result is not clear regardless of what claims are made but with that being said, it does seem like a rather quite expensive game and on top of that, you need a killer PC to get the best experience the game has to offer. Hopefully it turns out good though

Yup, this was the only game I've ever backed, and the future of it is still unclear. Devs need to be more upfront with these kinds of things. 

40 Million dollars and they want more?

Do what you wish, but if it were me I would pull out and let them crash and burn. To me, they know they have their backers, hook, line and sinker and will continue to see just how far they can push. Give in and you set a bad precedent. If this is successful do not expect it to be a one and done. It will only get worse. It always does.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I already got burned with double fine adventure game, Broken age. I backed several projects but my expectations are gone, and won't back anymore either.

I put $35 in Star citizen, digital scout. I'm more worried about feature creep, is it going to be a huge buggy mess of half finished features. I won't spend anything more to buy ships, if it's too tedious to play without using micro transactions, oh well, once burned, twice shy.

Ha, I see Elite dangerous should be releasing this month according to Kickstarter. They have 6 days left. So far Kickstarter gave me one short unsatisfying half of a game and a lot of email spam.

I think you should be somewhat worried, if you intend to play MMO part of it. Every game that lets you spend cash on something that gets you some advantage in game over other players is pay to win, no matter how people try to spin it (CR included) - it's just the matter of waiting to see how bad it will be.

As for Kickstarter part - it's a calculated risk, people should really check before they pledge where is their money going to. That said, I think that both Obsidian and inXile will prove that at least some companies can be trusted to deliver great kickstarted games.

HoloDust said:
I think you should be somewhat worried, if you intend to play MMO part of it. Every game that lets you spend cash on something that gets you some advantage in game over other players is pay to win, no matter how people try to spin it (CR included) - it's just the matter of waiting to see how bad it will be.

As for Kickstarter part - it's a calculated risk, people should really check before they pledge where is their money going to. That said, I think that both Obsidian and inXile will prove that at least some companies can be trusted to deliver great kickstarted games.

Yeah, I agree with you that people should be cautious when pledging. I pledged early and without waiting to see how the development would go or what the game would look like, and looking back I would have either not funded it and just waited until the actual game came out or got a lower package. 

I wont be surprised if they say if they raise $1 Million more they'll make a new ship..

Wait, I checked. They all ready did that.

Yes, I would worry with any kind of p2w/cash shop mmo.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

in order to be worried about it first i would need to care about it enough to get worried, i haven't reached the point of caring about it at all.