By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Remove Post button.

For example, sometimes my computer is a bit laggy, and I'll post something, only to have it not show up in the thread at all, so I post it again, and then realise with horror that it's already posted, hence I would then have two posts. It would be nice to have the ability to remove one of them.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Around the Network

It would be nice for mods to be able to delete duplicate posts...but otherwise, I don't see the point in letting users have the ability.

I don't know hardly any sites that let you do so...if you troll a thread and then decide you don't want your post there anymore, you delete it and there's no evidence of your offense. Bad.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I remember a while ago ioi said no dice, for some reason.

BenKenobi88 said:
It would be nice for mods to be able to delete duplicate posts...but otherwise, I don't see the point in letting users have the ability.

I don't know hardly any sites that let you do so...if you troll a thread and then decide you don't want your post there anymore, you delete it and there's no evidence of your offense. Bad.

but would you really want to have to clean up our messes?

It would be good if we could delete a post only if it was ours and the last one in the thread. This would provide the comunity with a way of keeping the forums cleaner, yet preventing users from randomly deleting posts that others have replied to.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Yeah, or have a 90 second limit on deleting a post.

But it's not that big of an issue. Double posts don't happen often, I don't think it should be on the top of the list of site improvements.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I have never had a problem with this, it is rare that anyone does an accidental double post (most of them happen when we have been dugg and the site lacks speed) and they are easily skippable if it does happen.

I would ask for the ability to change thread titles though, perhaps restrict it to 1 change or something so that it doesn't confuse people using the hot topics board if certain people change the title every 10 minutes... but 1 change would enable most mistakes to be ironed out.

kingofwale said:
well, this way, it keeps you honest. if you feel that you will regret it later, don't say it in the first place. :P

Your near complete mastery of irony is nothing short of astounding.

I think that it would be nice b.c somtime u read the details wrong and u want to delete that post but ur forced to keep that post w. nothing to say