By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2 dated: November 2008

Gears 2 trailer:

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_6250_en.html

Around the Network

Im dissapointed with the trailor, they could have atleast shown some gameplay of some sort.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Resistance vs Gears...ACT 2

Im betting on Resistance baby. 60 players online FTW

Jandre002 said:

Dont start that bullshit, bro.

They're not even in the same genre ffs.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

rukusa said:
Jandre002 said:

Dont start that bullshit, bro.

They're not even in the same genre ffs.

QFT.

Around the Network

How can people think that Resistence can stand up agains Gears of War.
A runner up to a mediocre fps. Well, its not impossible, but lol.

I know I'm probably the only one, and I'll probably get ridiculed for saying this but...I don't like Gears of War. I played it at my friends before I had 360 and I currently am renting it. I just don't like it like i like games such as R6V and CoD4.

I will rent GeOW2, but I won't hold my breath.

Bagaren85 said:
How can people think that Resistence can stand up agains Gears of War.
A runner up to a mediocre fps. Well, its not impossible, but lol.

The fuck?. Oh hell Im so fucking close to taking on this troll bait.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

coolestguyever said:
I know I'm probably the only one, and I'll probably get ridiculed for saying this but...I don't like Gears of War. I played it at my friends before I had 360 and I currently am renting it. I just don't like it like i like games such as R6V and CoD4.

I will rent GeOW2, but I won't hold my breath.

Gears is really a different game and I can see how you didn't care for it. Personally, it's my favorite FPS/TPS over the past few years gameplay-wise. I have liked other games better for their story, differing levels, etc. but Gears is tops for me when it comes to core mechanics. I loved the way Epic set up the game.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

"he showed a Gears of War demo with 100 Locust enemies running around."

Well, so much for the PS3 fanboys who said that Gears only looked so good because there were only a few enemies onscreen--especially since this one apparently looks much better.

So, from the trailer, you can definitely tell that there's at least one scene with Marcus and his dad ("if anything happens to me... find Maria..."

So, does this mean we'll get to see exactly what happened to Phoenix to make him abandon his post to help his dad? Damn! I want to play this so badly!

Also, when the game is finished, it will probably have taken them 9-10 months to make. My reasoning is that they very likely are using a slightly updated version of the UE3 that they used on Gears PC. This would free them up to focus only on the actual game elements, like the story and level design. So, even if they only started work on it right after UT3 launched, they could easily have it done and polished by November if they try.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."