By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2 dated: November 2008

Here's a screen, lol:

Edit - And another:

And some more:

Around the Network

They just announced it at GDC. Gears of War 2 in November straight from that guy Cliffy B.'s mouth. It's official.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Machina-AX said:
November? Won't that be a bit of a stretch?

Shame it's 360 exclusive, I would love to have this game for my PS3.

Why would you think it would be on anything but 360 and PC. Its already known that MS has exclusivity on the at least the first two games in the franchise. I wouldn't be suprised if they haven't looked up even more titles with GoW franchise after the first games sales.

Yawn.

There is too much riding on this franchise for it to be a low quality sequel. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a delay, and there should be if it materially affects the quality of the game.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

It has been Gears of War came out in November 2006, By the time the release date for the sequel rolls around it will have been two years. It is a certainty that Epic has been working on this game for a while.

Well considering a Resistance sequel is coming out after two years, why not a Gears sequel?

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

it has
been confirmed http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=93136

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

I don't see a problem with this game coming out November 2008 since Gears was November (or December, I forget) 2006 wasn't it?

Two years is plenty of time to get a direct sequel out the door.

I just saw the trailer. It was pretty cool, for those anticipating the game. Im not too interested in Gears.

The voice work judging by the teaser is quite nice.

But it really makes me wonder why they didnt show off Gears 2 in-game considering how long they've must've been working on the sequel since the last one...hmmm....

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.