By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ways to Extend Xbox 360 HD DVD's Life...LOL

Earlier today Toshiba's announcement sealed the fate for the HD DVD format by officially ceasing production on the format and thus putting an end to the HD battle with Bluray. While we are sad to see it go, there are still a lot of great HD DVD movies out there, most of which are sure to be made available at a highly discounted price. For those of us with a Xbox 360 HD DVD player, we can still enjoy the library of movies that have been released to this point despite the fact that no future movies will be coming along.

Unfortunately, for Xbox 360 HD DVD owners who no longer want to keep their now obsolete hardware, retailers such as GameStop have already announced they have stopped taking trade-ins. To help assist the grieving HD DVD owners in their time of need, we have come up with Ways to Extend Xbox 360 HD DVD's Life! We hope that some of these suggestions and ideas might help you get a little more out of your investment.

(This list is obviously an exaggeration and we are simply poking fun at the situation. We are not responsible for anything that may or may not happen to your Xbox 360 HD DVD player should you take this article more seriously than it's intent.)

Paper Weight
Have a stack of papers that you need to keep in place? Are strong gusts of wind constantly blowing your important documents from your desktop? Keep those papers in place with the Xbox 360 HD DVD drive and rest easy knowing even the stongest breeze won't budge them.

Street Fighter Fireball Attack Blocker
How many times have you been beaten by Ken or Ryu's fireballs? Trying to time a jump can be tricky, but you'll easily be able to defend yourself by using the Xbox 360 HD DVD player as a shield that can absorb the impact of any fireball that can be mustered up!

Cup Holder
Have you ruined all your table tops with unsightly moisture stains? Are you sick of trying to balance your beverage in your lap only to end up spilling it all over yourself? Solve your problems by using the convenient disc tray of the Xbox 360 HD DVD as a sturdy cup holder.

(Again, this list is obviously an exaggeration and we are simply poking fun at the situation. We are not responsible for anything that may or may not happen to your Xbox 360 HD DVD player should you take this article more seriously than it's intent.)

Chair Leg Balancer
Sitting down in an uneven chair is never a comfortable experience and the constant teeter-tottering motion is enough to make anyone motion sick.

Level things out by simply sliding the Xbox 360 HD DVD player under the leg in question and viola, no more rocking back and forth!

Door Stop
If you need to keep a door propped open without allowing it to close and potentially lock you in or out, just slide the Xbox 360 HD DVD drive between the door and the jam. Now you can safely walk away without having to worry about the door slamming shut.

Mouse Pad
Has that old mouse pad you've been using since installing Windows 98 finally worn through to the table? Don't bother going out and buying an overpriced padded surface for your laser mouse. The smooth, flat surface of the Xbox 360 HD DVD player is perfect for fluid mouse movements, even though it's not very ergonomic in design.

(Again, this list is obviously an exaggeration and we are simply poking fun at the situation. We are not responsible for anything that may or may not happen to your Xbox 360 HD DVD player should you take this article more seriously than it's intent.)

Xbox 360 Power Supply Platform
Help to prevent the dreaded Rings of Death from ending your playing time by keeping your power brick off the carpet as it rests on top of the Xbox 360 HD DVD drive.

Just make sure the HD DVD player isn't plugged in as well and you'll have a cool, unpowered surface for your Xbox 360 power supply to rest.

Straight Edge
Can't find that measuring stick anywhere? Just grab your Xbox 360 HD DVD player and put any of its straight edges to good use. It's weight will keep it firmly in place as you draw the most perfect lines you've ever seen!

Book End
There's nothing worse than a sloppy pile of books that just won't stand upright on the shelf! If you don't happen to have way to keep them in place, put your Xbox 360 HD DVD to good use and secure them in an orderly fashion.

We hope some of these suggestions or ideas have helped you out in this time of need.
Source: Link
LOL...I was about to buy one of these to but I'm so happy I didn't...this article is funny as hell though :)

Around the Network

hehe i like the cup holder

lolz!
Yeah, I guess there's no use in it now. Then again some people still have betamax!

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

LOL that's so badass xD WTF@ the Fireball deflector LOL

I personally think the 360 power supply holder is the best XD 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

I'm still going to buy one. I figure in a few months, the player and HDDVDs will be in the bargain bin and I'll be able to get the players and a bunch of movies on the cheap.

Around the Network
chris100185 said:
I'm still going to buy one. I figure in a few months, the player and HDDVDs will be in the bargain bin and I'll be able to get the players and a bunch of movies on the cheap.

Why? That's like saying you will go out and get a Beta player because Beta tapes are cheap.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I have to wonder if that book collection was assembled as a joke for maximum geek factor... or if that's really how it normally is.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Book end is the best ... man its time to make fun of MS after what Sony went trough :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Ha Ha! Very funny. Good thing Xbox sold it as an attachment. Now they can sell Blue-Ray as an attachment. I might buy one (HD DVD) too, if I can get one for $50 and movies for $5.

Bookend all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL