By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pikmin 4?

Tagged games:

How would you guys feel if Nintendo announced Pikmin 4 at E3 2014 or E3 2015? The gamepad works great with it and Nintendo wants to use it more. You would play as Alph, Olimar, Charlie, Louie, and Brittany. They would return to Pikmin planet to revisit the Pikmin when they found out golden pikmin live deep into the planet and want to find them. They use the pikmin to help them get their. That's just one option. What do you guys think?

Around the Network

Meh I got my Pikmin fix from 3 so I can wait a few more years for Pikmin 4, so many other games Nintendo should be focusing on.

It still boggles my mind as to why Nintendo didn't use the touchscreen to control the Pikmen... Like da faq? It was the perfect use for the gamepad

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

That would be too much Pikmin in too short time, I heard that the studio is working on a new game since last year (other franchise or new franchise is not confirmed), so they may reveal it during E3 2014.

If they make another Pikmin game this console lifetime, there needs to be a much bigger innovation than simply throwing another two pilots and a new Pikmin type in there. Perhaps some sort of spin-off where you controlled an army of Pikmin without a captain, with the main goal being moving across the planet to avoid some sort of impending natural disaster. More of a focus on balancing your time between gathering a big enough army to survive the wildlife and moving quickly enough to avoid the impending doom. Whatever it is, it needs to be some entirely new objective behind the game; scavenging a planet for material and dragging it back to your ship is getting kind of stale.

Around the Network

Yes please. I would love more pikmin. It's one of my all time favorite series, and I would prefer if they didn't let it have another huge break.

No. I don't want the poor Pikmin franchise to get the Mario treatment. Nintendo's mishandled it enough already. (That is, them not putting Pikmin 3 on the Wii. It would've sold so much better...)

I'd rather wait for 2016 or 2017 (Holiday 2016 would be a great time for it IMO), but the idea of Pikmin 4 on the Wii U is exciting. 3 was the first game that made me REALLY glad to own a Wii U on its own merits, and I feel that there is both room for expansion and vertical development in the series. Additions like online and cooperative play are no-brainers, and being able to play a longer, more leisurely campaign against a large number of bosses in many locales would also be fun.

What I'm hoping for is basically Pikmin 2-2, but seeing how Pikmin 3 was more of a successor to the original, I think that a more expansive and collectathon-like game is called for.

Love and tolerate.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
It still boggles my mind as to why Nintendo didn't use the touchscreen to control the Pikmen... Like da faq? It was the perfect use for the gamepad

Well Pikmin 3 was originally a Wii game, so that could be a reason.

OP: I could see it being announced at E3 2015 or 2016, and releasing holiday 2016.