By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Google is taking autocorrect to the next level.. its gonna mine all your typing within any google services!

Talal said:
I'd love to have an autocorrect that is not retarded. I'm intrigued.

My favorite is mine auto corrects numbers so trying to type 20 always makes it want to be 2014.

Around the Network

There's no data that Google doesn't want. They want what you write, they want what you say, they want where you are and what you look like. They want what you buy, who you know, what you like and what you hate. Whatever you'll give them, they'll take it, store it, analyze it and sell it, plus a little more you didn't realize they're taking.

Even if you trust the world's largest advertising company with all those details about yourself, do you trust the state they're compelled to answer to? Do you trust the disgruntled engineer, the criminal hacker, or the foreign spy who gains illegal access to that data?

Google asks for all that, and offers only a little convenience in return. I think I'll just keep paying attention to what I type.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Swiftkey has been doing that for years and I love it. So who gives a shit?

dahuman said:

I do because I value my privacy more than my phone's ability to correct an insignificant amount of more words correctly.

famousringo said:
Google asks for all that, and offers only a little convenience in return. I think I'll just keep paying attention to what I type.

Well I'm really disliking the way google is changing stuff while nobody asked for it.. the thing with youtube and using your real name instead of your account name.. Pushing their own core android apps more and more with every new version.. they started with 2 or 3 apps but now have like 18 apps as the "core" android apps.. all google.. and they are pressuring others like samsung not to make similiar apps. http://recode.net/2014/01/29/after-google-pressure-samsung-will-dial-back-android-tweaks-homegrown-apps/

I mean.. they pressured Samsung to stop their remote app so you must use Googles version so they can check what you watch.. Open source? Sure beneath the mountain of Google Apps..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

I hope It's at least decent.

Zkuq said:
dahuman said:

I do because I value my privacy more than my phone's ability to correct an insignificant amount of more words correctly.

and I say unless you are doing something illegal, you have obsolutely nothing to fear, I don't even give a shit about the NSA doing whatever it is that they do because I'm not afraid .

Stored on your phone? So when you get a new one, or the old one breaks or you lose it, you lose everything that Google's learned and you have to start anew? Bother.

Swiftkey for me. At least that's stored in the cloud.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

dahuman said:
Zkuq said:
dahuman said:

and I say unless you are doing something illegal, you have obsolutely nothing to fear, I don't even give a shit about the NSA doing whatever it is that they do because I'm not afraid .

That's pretty much the truth, but I still do not like being "watched" by the third party. 

I almost got a heart attack when I read the headline. My first thought was they will storage all the data what google/android users type for the common use. Thank Lord Helix it's not like that and I will pass this anyway. I'm quite satisfied with the normal autocorrect. 

PS2|Wii|DS lite|3DS XL|PSP|Android

Its fucking great!

I love how Google's auto system works, especially the voice controls (please don't confuse Google Now with Siri or Kinect, neither of them are close to Google). Now that this is being merged with my PC world, a step closer to having full discourse with your computer as seen in star trek.