By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wiiware Launch title "LostWinds", hell yes!

Purty.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network

I doubt it will come out on DS. If you can buy it for 5-10 bucks on wii, why would they put out a lesser version for 30 dollars?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Looking very good, I am going to keep my eye on this. If this is the kind of stuff we are going to get from the beginning then we are in for a good thing with WiiWare for sure.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

The_vagabond7 said:
I doubt it will come out on DS. If you can buy it for 5-10 bucks on wii, why would they put out a lesser version for 30 dollars?

Portability.

I've seen DS software for as cheap as $20, too.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Take a look at Eternity's Child. That's also a 2D platformer with an AMAZING art style. I added it in the "Wii games in 2008" thread with LostWinds.

Around the Network

Looks fairly interesting :O

Finally, the fourth WiiWare title I'm interested in :P

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

If this and FF:CC:TYKaTPL are what we can typically expect from Wiiware, I'll be extremely happy (and likely broke). Lostwinds looks like a great innovative title, and I hope to see a lot more of those on Wiiware.

Finally a place developers can really experiment with the Wii controls in unusual ways and make some exciting new gameplay innovations.

FJ-Warez said:
Yeay, a nice 2.5D game, but how much is going to weight???

Erm.. you mean the file size?

well Wiiware is limited to 40MB I think (or 50MB)

as for price, I thought the final fantasy thing had been priced at 1500 points, which is $15 right? (although in UK it works out about £11-12) 

WiiWare is definitely starting to look like a viable way of getting games. I had it pegged for endless minigames that use the Wiimote in cool ways but are far too expensive.

Between Lost Winds, which looks highly entertaining and lengthy, and Final Fantasy, we're getting more full games on WiiWare than other systems have.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
TWRoO said:
FJ-Warez said:
Yeay, a nice 2.5D game, but how much is going to weight???

Erm.. you mean the file size?

well Wiiware is limited to 40MB I think (or 50MB)

as for price, I thought the final fantasy thing had been priced at 1500 points, which is $15 right? (although in UK it works out about £11-12)

Yeah sorry, I couldn't find the word, here size and weight have the same word, I know it was wrong, but thats all I had in that moment...

Yeah, just 40 MB... 

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."