By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is great about Super Mario 3D World?

Tagged games:

Well... The ONLY thing I don't think is that great is that it recycles the same stages for further, more challenging versions of same stages. Then again, they're still fun to play.

And well....I think everyone has made their point already on the matter at hand.

Cat Mario (?)

Around the Network

Stronger creativity, much better difficulty progression than 3D Land. More dynamic gameplay through use of multiple, differentiated characters, beautiful worlds, good music.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

A much improved power-up and save system over NSMBU.

A healthy balance of new and old elements of Mario games.

One of the best local multiplayer games out there.

Fantastic controls, level design.

What is so great about SM3DW? Practically everything about it.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

I was not impressed. All this 'game of the year' stuff made me expect it to be much better than it was. I was NOT in the camp that thought it was comparable to the early games.

spurgeonryan said:
meh. I am not impressed and playing with others just makes it horrible

Yeah, the highly-lauded multiplayer makes it a crapfest. It isn't that great to start with but you add that in and it becomes almost pointless.

Around the Network

The game needed to be a hit and failed at it. It's on track to be one of the worst selling Mario games ever, so I'm pretty sure that it was just a case of an overrated game.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

JazzB1987 said:
almost every single stage is more innovative than most of the games out there are. NIntendo has an idea and makes 1 level out of it while others base the whole game around that single idea.

I disagree with the wording.

I would word it... "Mario limits certain levels to certain styles of gameplay while other games offer players to utilise numerous styles of gameplay in almost all levels e.g. COD, GTA, infamous"

The number of 'ideas' available to a gamer at any single point is greater in most other games than it is in mario. Even if we add up all the unique 'ideas' throughout the entire game, Mario would not come out on top.

I'm realizing Nintendo did something horrible to themselves this generation: they convinced many long time fans there was nothing 'magical' about Nintendo games, after all.

If you haven't realised what's so great about the game after playing it then there's no point in trying to explain it to you?

But here's a hint there's a reason why it's got such a high metacritic rating and universally great reviews. They can't all be wrong now can they eh???

Well these last couple posts sure are negative....

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)