By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - "Interesting" ad I saw while visiting VGC (front page)

Parokki said:
Oh right, I mixed up ツ and シ again. Should've known I was reading it wrong when it didn't make any sense. =P

Didn't make any sense to me too when i read it. Should've known. Damn.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

Oh yeah, if your computer doesn't have Japanese text comprehension, the characters can get all messed up. Not sure if that's what you were talking about or just that we can read Japanese characters ourselves, but either way I thought I should point that out for anyone else who happens to come in if they see something that's completely odd.

As for my ads right now,

It's all about the Chick/Chicken dolls and

my new used car?

This thread is full of "over my head" text.

Link to site please.

Around the Network
DeltaXIII said:
Oh yeah, if your computer doesn't have Japanese text comprehension, the characters can get all messed up. Not sure if that's what you were talking about or just that we can read Japanese characters ourselves, but either way I thought I should point that out for anyone else who happens to come in if they see something that's completely odd.

Nono, I'm just talking about the personal ability to read japanese characters, not the computer's ability to do that.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

DeltaXIII said:
Yeah, I`ve gotten those too. but I`m in Japan, so I didn`t think anything of it. If you can read Japanese, then it says that it`s for adults. Also, I`m pretty sure ioi doesn`t have much control over which ads you see. I just looked at your profile. It says you're in Nagoya. That's where I am right now too. Are you anywhere near Kanayama station

Yeah, I know I just thought it was interesting because of that particular ad, hehe.

Actually, I'm not too far away. My closest station is on the Sakura-dori line (Fukiage), but I'm not too far away from Tsurumai station either (only one stop away from Kanayama on the JR Chuo line, I think) Are you near Kanayama?

Yeah, usually it's spelled like "guzzu" (グッズ), not sure why they used the -tsu...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

ArtofAngels said:
Link to site please.

ok, link sent.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Fairly close. It's maybe a 25-30 minute walk, but I walk a little faster than many people. I've also never really timed it. I'm actually closer to the next stop over on the Meiko line, Hibino. I know I've seen the name of your station and I'm pretty sure someone mentioned something in that area, but I don't recall ever going to that one. I'm in a school dorm. I'm also about a 2 minute walk from Kojima, a decently large electronics store and Tsutaya/Book Off, where I can often find used games and books. Oosu is also fun to poke around at sometimes.

lol, this thread turned out pretty decent.

Mine says (I shit you not):
Hot!
Playstation 3
Click here

There's also one advertising some random Garfield game (???), but I can't get it to show right now.