By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - "Interesting" ad I saw while visiting VGC (front page)

Just visiting VGC as usual when I came across this ad on the main page, hehe. Took a screen cap, reduced the resolution, but it's still pretty big, down below. Link to screen cap is also below this (if the image doesn't fit the page). Well the main part is showing at least.

Clicked on it to see where it would take me and it went to a search engine with links to stores that sell "adult goods", haha (edit: forgot to say they were Japanese websites)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/smbu2000/misc/vgcad.jpg

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

first

second

Probably your spyware put in some adds from your usual sites :P ( jk ) .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Yeah, I`ve gotten those too. but I`m in Japan, so I didn`t think anything of it. If you can read Japanese, then it says that it`s for adults. Also, I`m pretty sure ioi doesn`t have much control over which ads you see. I just looked at your profile. It says you're in Nagoya. That's where I am right now too. Are you anywhere near Kanayama station?

Around the Network

The big text says "adorutogusshi", which is Japanese for "adult *something*", and the small button says "click here".

Do you have a random IP or something? It's pretty unusual to see Japanese language ads on a page like this.

Heh, they're in Japan according to their profile. Also, it's adarutoguttsu or adult goods was my thought, but I hadn't really thought about it too hard. Though I could think of a better way of writing goods in Japanese, sometimes they like their versions better.

Oh right, I mixed up ツ and シ again. Should've known I was reading it wrong when it didn't make any sense. =P

It happens. You should see how confused I can get sometimes if I glance at something for only a moment and mix up ソ and ン.

I hate you people and your japanese text comprehension.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her