By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox one or PS4- What is a better option right now?

Which one?

PS4 474 68.50%

X1 164 23.70%

hmmm 53 7.66%

Total:691

Right now as far as exclusives are concerned I'd say Xbox One but it won't last and PS4 get's better multi plat games most of the time. So I'd get a PS4 as it's a better long term choice unless MS really do end up with better exclusives overall.

Around the Network

PS4 seems to have a brighter future.

Infamous Second Son, Dynasty Warrior 8 Xtreme legends, FFXIV, and a whole lotta f2p games as well

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Guys you are talking about future he has asked about current.
I think XBox one will be a better choice currently. Man killer onstinct is ullllltraaaaaaa combooooo, dead rising is one of the best game so far, max as a platformer is highly enjoyable titanfall is an excellent shooter, forza is a nice game if you like cars. The current state for me tells me to buy an XBox one but MS does not releases it in India.multi platform games will look most probably equal, except a few but that is totally negligble in front of great exclusives.

Hmmm if it wasnt for PS+, indie support and free to play games.... I would say go for X1.

But PS+ has just been great on PS4 and apparently we not even getting the "AAA" games compared to what PS3 is getting. But this has been my first taste of PS+ and man is it good. You literally don't have to buy any games with your PS4 just a PS+ subscription and you would have a game library close to 10 games.

This would include all the free to play games on the PS4 which is non existent on X1 not to mention the indie games that are also non existent on X1.

So yeah if you just compare "AAA" launch exclusive titles then X1 wins I guess. But then ask yourself how "AAA" is Ryse? Or Knack for that matter? Resogun, Dont Starve and Warthunder shits all over those games imo.

In fact those games have kept me from AC4 the most AAA of them all. Seems as though Sony's change of approach has paid off. So many more PS+ subscribers, theres also a lot more people browsing the store now and everybody is anticipating the next free game or even the next game to pop up on the PS Store. Sony is trying to create that Steam like buyers addiction and its working. :(

That being said I'd actually really like to play Ryse, Forza and Garden Warfare ...so yeah i dont even have a choice in this matter since MS hasnt released the X1 in my country.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
FrontlineJaguar said:
I think XBox one will be a better choice currently. Man killer onstinct is ullllltraaaaaaa combooooo, dead rising is one of the best game so far, max as a platformer is highly enjoyable titanfall is an excellent shooter, forza is a nice game if you like cars. The current state for me tells me to buy an XBox one but MS does not releases it in India.multi platform games will look most probably equal, except a few but that is totally negligble in front of great exclusives.

So true. Everyone in here talking about MS dropping support for X1 and how amazing Sony will support PS4 etc. Some heavy assumptions there.

Although i think a lot of people are going on history...but i dont think thats fair. Its a new gen.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

nanarchy said:
As someone with a x1 and intention of getting a ps4 in the few months. Right now X1 is the best choice (assuming the wii U is not an option), the ps4 simply has no must have games and, for me at least, there are none for it for several months yet. But as always it comes down to personal preference.

I actually feel the same way, except its for the X1. I want to get it, but it doesn't have any games that interest me thus far. On the PS4 side, I want games like inFAMOUS and the Order. I guess it also helps that my fav studio is Naughty Dog and they only develop for the PS4.

Shinobi-san said:
FrontlineJaguar said:

So true. Everyone in here talking about MS dropping support for X1 and how amazing Sony will support PS4 etc. Some heavy assumptions there.

Although i think a lot of people are going on history...but i dont think thats fair. Its a new gen.

lol  How is it unfair, its basic logic sony has x amount of devs x amount of dev teams high majority working on PS4 games.  Its no assumption its reality of the situation.  PS PS2 PS3 sony slways supports the fuck out of their console, PS4 getting same treatment is as likely as the sun going down at night and rising in the morning.

The wii U but after the next Christmas it won't be the same

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

The PS4 is the superior console, by a mile. interface wise, policies wise, there is no comparition.
And the PSN Plus is a big part of it, everything on Xbox One is expensive, the PS4 gives stuff for free.
Also, there are tons of indie titles on PS4, very little on One.
The One interface is cluncky and glitchy, the PS4 is smooth and fast.
Games look better on PS4 too, is just a much more well made machine.
That said, if you have a lot of money, Xbox One is cool because of Xbox Fitness on Kinect 2.0 and Dead Rising 3.
So, if you don´t care about fitness, PS4.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.