By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What/How many programming languages do you know?

Me, just some C++, C and XHTML.

This year I aim to become a pro in C and HTML 5, SQL and HASKELL.

Then next year JAVA oop.

You's?

--------------------

Also, for anyone wanting to learn programming, I think simple C is a good place to start, Dont learn a language you'll never use like VB.

Languages i/you should learn:

C
C++
HTML 5 (XHTML and CSS first)
Javascript
Java
Python

Around the Network

After you understand what programming is meant to do, picking up another language is a half day with a book or online guide. What's more important is whether you've used the language on a real project with tangible results.

I think game modding via scripting language is the best starting point for anyone with an interest. You can get something done fast with what's already there rather than reinvent the wheel.

C#, Java, XML, HTML, C++, and C.

I found C# to be a great one to start with.

Basic, Pascal, Modula-2, Oberon (on home stuff)
Business Basic (MAI systems)
Basic, Fortran IV, Fortran 77, C (on IBM mainframes, DEC VAXes)

Just Java and HTML for now.

I plan to learn C++ and Python before I leave college, though.

Around the Network
Soleron said:

After you understand what programming is meant to do, picking up another language is a half day with a book or online guide. What's more important is whether you've used the language on a real project with tangible results.

Pretty much yes.

I've learned a couple and made a living from programming during my study at university -- was supposed to be a linguistics graduate, but ended up as an engineer :D

I'm familiar with Java, and to a lesser extent, C++. I have roughly the same amount of knowledge in C++ as I do in Java but with less experience. I also have some idea about C# but it seems pretty similar to Java so I could probably say I know as much about C# as I know about Java I guess. Also, basics of HTML.

Just 3. Lava, B-- and SGML

Mostly C, C++ & Python, but I've used many others for short tasks.

My 8th gen collection

ASP, HTML, JS, java, some ASP.net, some C#, some PHP... mostly as I'm a front end web developer.

But I'm not find of the industry. Changes too much.

Hmm, pie.