By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battle of the Next Gen - Who will win Meta 2014?

Super Smash Bros. Melee hit 92 and Brawl a 93, I would say Smash Bros. for Wii U is a safe bet. Saying that, Infamous Second Son looks and sounds brilliant and even better than the previous two entries, the first got 85 and the second 83, and could hit a 90.

Mario Kart Super Circuit and Mario Kart DS are the only two in the series that have hit above a 90 so although it will score high it probably won't get the highest for the year.

Games that have a shot if any of the above are somehow really bad would be: Driveclub, The Order 1886, The Division, X, FFXV (if it releases this year, hopeful,... I know)

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
lucidium said:
Psst, the moment something releases it becomes current gen.

Ps4, Xbox one and wiiu are all current gen

yes, but whilst 2 generations are simultaneously on the market, the new platforms are still considered "next gen".

No, theyre considered "last gen", or are you going to stand there and say PS3, Wii and 360 are "current gen"?

It's going to be tough for the new IP to get a high Meta. New versions of existing franchises have a better chance, which leaves Nintendo in the driver's seat for this year.

chapset said:
Infamous second son, that game look very polish to me

A lot of people will sadly give it an 85 tops already since it has no MP.

lucidium said:
MikeRox said:
lucidium said:

yes, but whilst 2 generations are simultaneously on the market, the new platforms are still considered "next gen".

No, theyre considered "last gen", or are you going to stand there and say PS3, Wii and 360 are "current gen"?

To people who still use them as their main format, yes. You know what it means, stop being so pedantic for the sake of it.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
lucidium said:
MikeRox said:
lucidium said:

To people who still use them as their main format, yes. You know what it means, stop being so pedantic for the sake of it.

My portable gaming is primarilly done on the gameboy, I don't call the gameboy current gen.

I'll be pedantic all i want, just as you'll be wrong all you want.

AZWification said:
chapset said:
Infamous second son, that game look very polish to me

I don't know, man. Second Son looks awesome, but nothing about it screams Poland to me.

Looks like I'm the only one that found this funny...

Hopefully games that are available on systems I already have.

Batman Arkham Knight

Batman: Arkham Knight would be my pick. Arkham City—the last Rocksteady Batman game—had a 96 meta for the PS3 and PC had the lowest with 91. If not Arkham Knight then I'll go with SSB. That seems to be the safe pick. Mario Kart usually gets in the 80s so I don't think it'll will get the highest.