By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sooo Xbox One sold out PS4 again ... What are your excuses now? PS Availble On Amazon UK & USA

Nothing's really changed.

I'm still curious to see the second week totals for Titanfall, but for week one, the game could be attributed to about an additional 85k hardware units sold tops, which is not exactly earthshaking stuff for the platform's biggest release to date.

We'll see what, if any additional effects are to be had by the various $50 off discounts and free games being offered over the next couple weeks.

Unless sales have an uncharacteristic "pile up" effect where the numbers go up in subsequent weeks following the release of a major title rather than down (changes from the 900k software units sold will tell), then there is no excuse for XB1 sales performance and it is unlikely there will be some sort of event that "saves" the XB1 (which by brand fan logic means achieves largest marketshare) short of a $399 MSRP for the current SKU.

Supply constraints are no issue for the XB1 and I am finally seeing PS4s available at retail in my market (San Francisco metro area).

Around the Network

The hype is over ps4 needs game to survive sony ain't special

I think you got a bunch of people to get their underwear in a bind. So buy an Xbox One can come join us on the MS threads, and stop teasing.

Unless it's really, really funny.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

2nd week results are in and a less supply restricted PS4 moves more than 100k hardware units than a non supply restricted XB1 with about 350k Titanfall software units sold for the same week.

It's fairly safe to say that Titanfall will not be responsible for any further significant blips in hardware sales to change comparative sales trends.

Any predictions on when the XB1 will manage to outsell the PS4 for a single week next?

And now it's ahead again.. What are your excuses OP?!

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network

I'm going with Halo 5 launch, or a $399 MSRP SKU with no response from Sony before we see the XB1 outsell the PS4 again.

And being completely impartial and realistic here, in all probability, weeks in which the XB1 manages to outsell the PS4 will likely be the rare exception from here on out.