By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Preference - Longer or Shorter Games?

I like long games for games like Halo, SMB and Zelda, but short ones for everything else. I'm kind of a Gamerscore whore now, so the shorter ones are better for that.

Around the Network

doesn't matter as long as it is good and fun.

Good games should be longer.

Bad games should be shorter.

Depends of what kind of game. With Twilight Princess I clocked almost 70 hours before completing it. But I got tired of Medal of Honor after 5 hours. (Not Heroes 2)

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

Long games definitely like the Zelda franchise, metroid, etc....

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
FPSs - 15 - 30 hours

RPGs - 50 - 90 hours.

If the stories are good, I would be happy longer then above. An RPG that's 120+ hours though would be way to long.

RTS - screw length, give me multiplayer

What FPS has ever been 30hours?  

tastyshovelware said:
My overall favorite games are longer ones.

But now-a-days i prefer a 10-12 hour solo player experience. I also prefer pick and up play solo and multiplayer options (like collecting stars in mario galaxy or playing a few songs in rock band).

your right on the money there

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

Long games, I love RPGs

I wanted to add, I think sometimes it depends on how often you can sit down and play games. It's hard for me to buy RPGs because some weeks I can't get more than maybe 5 hours of playtime. 4-5 months I'm finished, but I can't even remember the first half of the game by the time I reach the end. It took me over 7 months to finish Tales of Symphonia because of how much I was working back then. Luckily the game had a feature that wrote the story out for you as you went along so you can catch up. Still, by the end, I didn't feel any attachment to the characters because I felt the game had dragged on for too long.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I don't have time to invest hours into a game at a time, so generally shorter ones.
But long games are fine as long as I can play for short periods of time and don't have to remember complex controls or little details as it may go months between play sessions.