By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - LOOK AT THIS LINK!! VGCHARTZ IS EXPLODING

Lightning08 said:
kenzomatic said:
NPD look out!

"Maybe more people buy and like the PS3 than meets the online eye, that is if unofficial numbers from sales tracker VG Chartz are to be believed."

Yeah, I'm sure that statement has NPD shaking in their shoes...

Pst, NPD numbers are also unofficial and disputable.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
famousringo said:
Lightning08 said:
kenzomatic said:
NPD look out!

"Maybe more people buy and like the PS3 than meets the online eye, that is if unofficial numbers from sales tracker VG Chartz are to be believed."

Yeah, I'm sure that statement has NPD shaking in their shoes...

Pst, NPD numbers are also unofficial and disputable.

Not according to the mainstream media. This article got posted on IGN and was responed with a bunch of "lolchartz" comments. Post in on NeoGAF and get a ban. Vgchartz needs a defence force on every forum to spread the word. lol

I don't know if it is just me but it seems that since NPD released the numbers and showed PS3 outsold the 360 in January everyone all of a sudden is doubting them, although they were always like "Wait for NPD" before this.

Anyone else realize this?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Yeah we're starting to get linked quite often now.

Around the Network

I thought I'd seen this article somewhere else, so I searched Google.  This is exactly the same article as one on Gamepro, right down to the misspelling of "initially".  [edit: Timestamp says GT was first.]  Is it plagiarism, or is there a connection between the two sites (I have no idea)?  No credit was given.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

@ZackBlue
I know. It is not a surprise.
Vgchartz is an accurate source for sales and gaming information.

Perhaps you should read the BS posted here:http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=317554

It's about this (ok last) weeks American numbers.

TWRoO said:
Perhaps you should read the BS posted here:http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=317554

It's about this (ok last) weeks American numbers.

Ugh!!! Some of those users have no clue what tey're talking about. They're lucky I don't have an account there.

Edit: Holy shit these guys are dumb, just read the stupid things they're saying, it pisses me off so much. 

There is actually no point trying to spread the word on a forum like that, you'd probably get banned like GAF.