By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which console (PS3 or XBOX360) will see hardware sale spikes from GTA4?

PS3 but alot of it might be other games like MGS4 and GT5p driving it.

Around the Network
Mars said:
that's actually true ,,since their launch dates are so close we can't tell which game will be the driving force

SpartanFX said:
Mars said:
that's actually true ,,since their launch dates are so close we can't tell which game will be the driving force

exactly, Hardware will be PS3. And now with Blu-Ray winning, that could be a contributing factor as well. It will be hard to pinpoint exactly where the PS3 sales will be coming from, as you stated.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

my apology, i was on 4 different forums at the same time

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

HeroeDeLeyenda said:
my apology, i was on 4 different forums at the same time

it's totally fine man,,after all we all make mistakes

it would be cool if you let us know what you think about this topic,,

cheers

Around the Network

the 360 will benefit the most out of gta, in na anyway

software
1.2 mil first week on 360

700 k on ps3,

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

since we're talking about hardware sales spike, i'd have to go with the ps3

current install base will have nothing to do with hardware sales once gta4 is released on both system.

if we're talking about software sales, then yes, install base would be the driving factor as to which console would sell more copies and here, i see the 360 winning

when gta4 comes out, having a smaller install base would mean that more people who have not bought a ps3 and would want to buy the ps3 veriosn of gta4 would have to buy a ps3, hence a spike in hardware sales.

i think xbox360, it seems to have better game sales
every game that is out on both systems, the xbox360 has better game sales

so i think xbox360 sales will rise

Both, & the Xbox & PS3 will beat the wii that week.